Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sold / Traded / Gone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Nursing Bra Conversions (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1070621)

sandy_dandy 09-11-2010 12:26 PM

Nursing Bra Conversions

Dear mamas, my WOHM hours have been increased from 4 days/week to 5 days/week, so I will be taking orders every other week instead of every week (so I don't get too far behind). Thank you for your patience and support. Keep sending those bras! I love helping everyone! :D

PRICES are in post #2.
OPENINGS are in post #3.
PM if you want to sign up. Thanks!
__________________________________________________ _

Are you tired of wearing unsupportive nursing bras? Do you have regular bras that you love, and you WISH that you could nurse in them? Now you can! I can convert your normal bra into a nursing bra!

I am a professional WOHM seamstress and patternmaker at a ballet company 4 days a week, and I started by converting my own bras. Someone told me I should do it as a WAHM, so here goes! Photos of my bra...

Here is the clip when fastened. A piece of ribbon attaches the bottom of the clasp to the bra cup, and the strap is threaded through the top of the clasp:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...dccc119bf9.jpg

Here is the view from inside the cup. The elastic will keep the strap in place when the cup is folded down for nursing your LO:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...0e91ada7ae.jpg

Here is the nursing clip open, on me:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...31f6251ccb.jpg

I will post prices in post #2. Sign-up dates will be in post #3. :thumbsup:

sandy_dandy 09-11-2010 12:36 PM

PRICES for Bra Conversions and Shipping

CONVERSION PRICES
1 bra - $5.75
2-4 bras - $5 each
5 bras - $4.50 each
6+ bras - $4.25 each

DISCOUNTS & EXTRAS
$0.50 off if you send me nursing clips (for example, cut off another old bra). This $0.50 off is good for each set of clips you send; however, you cannot send extra clips for an extra discount (meaning you can't send me 4 sets of clips and convert only 3 bras).

$0.50 EXTRA (per bra) for non-neutral color bras because I will use the more expensive clear clips and also will have to find matching ribbon. (This extra charge will not apply if you want black/white/tan instead; just let me know before you pay.) PLEASE NOTE that the elastic (which will be inside the bra) is ONLY available in black and white.

ADDITIONAL SERVICE OPTION
Taking in a bra - $3.00, or $2.50 with any nursing conversion. I can take in the band of your bra if you have lost weight, or if it has stretched out. (I will move the hooks & bars to a smaller size and stitch them back down for you.)

SHIPPING CHARGES
1 bra - $3.50 first class or $5.50 priority mail (with DC)
2 bras - $5.50 priority mail (with DC)
3-5 bras (up to 13 ounces) - $6.00 priority mail (with DC)
Over 5 bras/over 13 ounces - please PM me for shipping quote. Maximum shipping cost will be $10.50 for a medium FRB.

I will ship to Canada - please PM me for a shipping quote to Canada.

These flat shipping rates are for a polymailer or flat rate envelope (depending on the size and shape of your bras). If you prefer a box, please PM me for a shipping quote since boxes are more expensive to ship. My shipping rates cover actual postage and materials cost (printer ink, polymailer).

COLORS

These are the clasps I plan to stock and ribbon that I will consider to be neutral colors. (Extra $0.50 for clear clasps and for ribbon colors not pictured here because I will have to purchase those colors.)

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...6fb2dee0e9.jpg

sandy_dandy 09-11-2010 12:45 PM

PAYMENT information and ORDERING your conversion

I will accept paypal. Please make sure your address on file with paypal is correct because I will print your shipping label through paypal and ship to your paypal address. You may ship to me before sending your payment; however, I will not return your bras until I receive the payment from you.

Please put a note somewhere in your package with your DS screen name and anything special about your order as a reminder to me of who you are. With all these extra bras in the house, it gets confusing! :goodvibes:

All work is done in my non-smoking, 1-kitty home. (The kitty does not sew.)

Since I am a WOHM 4 days a week, I can't handle a huge volume of bras. For now, I will be taking one order per week. Please allow me 1-2 weeks to finish your conversions. I will try to go faster, but I do have a job, a DH, and a very active DS, so I don't want to make promises about my speed. :giggle:

PM me with interest... thanks for looking!!!

AVAILABLE DATES (date you would ship to me) as of 7-9-11:

7-1-11: proudsahmof4
7-8-11: -closed-
7-15-11: eeoze1
7-22-11: -closed-
7-29-11:
8-5-11: -closed-
8-12-11:
8-19-11: -closed-
8-26-11:

I will try to update this list as the slots fill up. Will post later with new openings. If it's not updated, just PM me. I often check this site on my phone and can't scroll down far enough to edit this post, but I do answer PMs! :giggle:

Bras currently in progress as of 7-9-11:
Received package this week from proudsahmof4 (was shipped late). Hoping to finish tomorrow... we'll see! :)

Thanks for your support, ladies!!!

nceveritt 09-11-2010 03:20 PM

Re: Nursing Bra Conversions

This is a really great idea!

Do you think that you could do thicker strips of elastic for larger cupped bras? For example, I have two Cacique bras (38DD) and the straps are about 1/2 inch thick -- would you use more elastic or a wider/stronger elastic for those bras? I would be worried that a little strip of it might not support as much as necessary.

Let me know! I think it's a great, great idea and hope you get lots of business!

chegarty 09-11-2010 10:30 PM

Do you have more pics. This is an intesting idea. I would love to try it. Just wondering how it works, new concepts sometimes are hard for me to visualize. But I think I get it.

mkbdvm 09-12-2010 12:53 AM

Awesome. Wanna go bra shopping now!

dragondance 09-12-2010 01:53 AM

Can't wait to get my testers!!! :lostit::lostit::lostit: Esp the nursing tanks!

sandy_dandy 09-12-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nceveritt (Post 11201040)
This is a really great idea!

Do you think that you could do thicker strips of elastic for larger cupped bras? For example, I have two Cacique bras (38DD) and the straps are about 1/2 inch thick -- would you use more elastic or a wider/stronger elastic for those bras? I would be worried that a little strip of it might not support as much as necessary.

Let me know! I think it's a great, great idea and hope you get lots of business!

I tested this on myself first, and I wear a 34H when nursing, so you should be OK in a 38DD. :) The elastic is there to keep your bra strap from flying away when you unhook the clasp. It isn't meant to support the weight of your breast.

sandy_dandy 09-12-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chegarty (Post 11203729)
Do you have more pics. This is an intesting idea. I would love to try it. Just wondering how it works, new concepts sometimes are hard for me to visualize. But I think I get it.

I can take more pics, or if you PM me with your email address, I can email some to you of the tester bras I have in the house right now.

mrsashleyo 09-12-2010 03:48 PM

I wanted to say that I love my two bra conversions this mama did for me. I am a 34/36 DDD and nursing bras in that size are hard if not impossible to come by. Being able to wear my comfortable bras that fit well and be able to easily nurse in them is so amazing. I cant say enough good things. She also took in my bands as they had been stretched pretty good and gave them a whole new life! THANKS THANKS THANKS!