Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How Many of you have had ultrasounds (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1072069)

Bubbasbootychanger 09-13-2010 03:27 PM

How Many of you have had ultrasounds

where they were wrong about gender? I had my 20 week and the ultrasound tech said it is for sure a girl, well I have bought tons of girl stuff and am wondering if that was a dumb move.

lostiejen 09-13-2010 03:53 PM

Re: How Many of you have had ultrasounds

I think they're pretty good these days but it does happen. FWIW, my OB has an older machine in his office. It's not very high-def and he doesn't rely on it for anatomy scans or anything but he has it there for occasional checkups. And even on that little screen he told me at 13 weeks that I was having a girl (which I am) and said that in his 20+ years he's only ever been wrong twice and that was back in the 80s. He told two mamas that they were having boys that ended up being girls so I think more often it goes the other way. You're probably safe with your frills and bows. :thumbsup:

ETA: Congratulations, too! Girls are fun!

Bellamoon 09-13-2010 04:23 PM

this time i have had one in the er and then i will have my 20 week one. thats it

memykidsandty 09-13-2010 04:51 PM

I think the only person I've heard of who got the wrong gender via ultrasound is my mil and that was 20 years ago! I think they are pretty good now:) Or the ultrasound techs everyone I know goes to are good at least;)

I have had a few friends who were told they couldn't tell, or weren't sure, but if they told you they were sure, I'm sure they are:)

hilaryisinked 09-13-2010 05:00 PM

The only people I've known to get a wrong gender were a couple in my church when we I was in elementary school & a girl recently who was told for sure at 13 weeks she was having a boy but when they looked again at 18 they realized it was a girl. So the first instance was 15 years ago & the second was because the techs should not have said they were sure on a gender that soon.

mommyshanti 09-13-2010 05:34 PM

sara where u at lol
my frined onmyddc had 1 said boy
then one said def girl
then another said def.boy
hope they got it right lol

miraclebaby 09-13-2010 05:41 PM

usually they're right i'd say 90%. I delivered some babies that were the wrong gender. usually they say girl and its a boy. Not usually the other way around.

Solomon's Mama 09-13-2010 06:13 PM

My friend's sister just had a baby and they were expecting a girl and it was definitely a boy! I know she only had one ultrasound though and it was early on at one of those 3D places. I had mine at 18 weeks at a place like that but there was no mistaking girl on mine...at least from what I know a girly ultrasound should look like!

rosefall 09-13-2010 06:47 PM

We didn't find out for ourselves, but I had a pedicure during my first pregnancy and the girl doing it said that she found out with all three of her pregnancies and they were wrong on all three. She has one boy and two girls and is my age, so not 20+ years ago.

Celeste 09-13-2010 07:01 PM

Mine have been correct, but I have a friend who has a little boy who is 3. Her doctors told her that she was having a girl - she & her DH even painted the girl's name on the wall. SURPRISE!