Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Looking for a midwife in Central PA (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1073268)

chapmanrl6 09-15-2010 08:55 AM

Looking for a midwife in Central PA

Hey Mamas- Anyone know of a midwife in central (chambersburg) PA for homebirths? Even within a reasonable distance of this area. Thanks!

Rejoicing 11-02-2010 07:56 PM

Re: Looking for a midwife in Central PA

WOW!!! Do I ever!!!! I know of THE MOST AMAZING mw! So lucky we are to live in her area!! She is seriously an amazing woman. Her name is Judi Mentzer and if this number doesn't work, let me know and I will look up the one I have.
Pennsylavania Midwives Association c/o Judy Mentzer
4560 Orrstown Rd.
Orrstown, PA 17244
717-530-9366

She was a great encouragment to me, and was helpful when I had my breech home birth last December. She is very knowledgable, and makes you feel comfortable. Just let me know if you have any questions or need any help. I really wish every woman could have as amazing of a birth experience that she helped me to have! I would totally trust her with my life and the life of my baby (and sort of did!) She sees all sorts of women in all sorts of situations, and she will only get involved to the level you prefer. I know my neighbor also home birthed with one of her midwives-in-training and highly recomended her as well.

(if you give her a call, let her know the breech husband-assisted mama from Fairfield says hello! :D )

chpiper 11-02-2010 08:09 PM

PM me :thumbsup:

chpiper 11-30-2010 07:46 AM

:bumpsign:

smiling.politely 01-29-2011 04:12 PM

I had judy! She actually delivered my cousins baby and even my cousin when she was born!

Missy_83 03-22-2011 07:12 AM

I'm also curious about homebirth midwives in this area. If anyone could PM me info I'd be grateful!! I'm looking to TTC this fall and would love a homebirth. :)

Missy_83 05-22-2012 10:20 AM

*Bump*

Missy_83 07-03-2012 06:49 AM

Haha, this thead is totally not getting any action. I'm currently looking for a home birth midwife. Anyone have anyone else to add to this?

Elijah'sMama 07-03-2012 07:00 AM

my midwife is in the erie pa area, not sure how far that is from you?? pm me if you'd like her name/phone #

Missy_83 07-06-2012 09:42 AM

I think that's probably to far. I'm in Chambersburg, PA and it's really hard to find someone. I know people have home births around here but you must find the midwives by word of mouth. I could always check into Judi Mentzer. Sounds like she has a lot of experience!