Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone actually SMALLER for their 3rd pregnancy?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1074753)

Kiliki 09-17-2010 09:17 AM

Anyone actually SMALLER for their 3rd pregnancy??

This is my third ride on the pregnancy train, and, this time around, I'm feeling really tiny. I'm approaching 12 wks, and just barely starting to show. I can still wear most of my pre-preg clothes! With my last 2 I had so much bloating, and gained so much weight so fast, that I couldn't wear my pre-preg clothes by about 8 wks. I was really big. And I just kept getting bigger. I was so huge, total strangers would ask me if I was having twins!!! And I was only maybe 6-7 mos along!!!

So, naturally, I'm doing the mommy thing and worrying. What if the baby's not growing right? What if something's wrong? etc. etc. etc. I started out at the same pre-preg weight as I did the last 2 pregnancies, so I know it's not fluffiness hiding growth.

Anyone else feeling WAY WAY smaller with #3?

TofuScramble 09-17-2010 10:36 AM

Re: Anyone actually SMALLER for their 3rd pregnancy??

I did with #3, it was great! I was tiny with #1, then I felt so bloated and big with #2, so when I had #3 and I was tiny like with my first- it was a nice break!
Of course I blew up with 4 and 5 :giggle: So we'll see how I do with #6.. so far not tiny, but not blowing up yet. lol

ETA: and so far #3 baby was my biggest 8lb 5oz.. and to look at her now.. I'm sure she will be the smallest when they're all grown up.. funny how that happens.

KumfyKozies 09-17-2010 10:49 AM

Yes! With my DD1, I was pretty average. With DS, I was massive. The stretch marks started appearing around 25 weeks. No joke. At my 39-week check-up, I was measuring 43 weeks. :eek: I was HUGE! This time, I am so not. DD2 had some health issues early on, but has since (according to the countless ultrasounds) caught up on size and was perfectly average at our last u/s (30 weeks), I have continued measuring a week or two behind. Since she started dropping at 35 weeks, I have yet to measure over 33 weeks. In fact, at my 39-week check-up yesterday, I was measuring 32 weeks because she's so low, her head is literally against my cervix (my midwife felt it! :giggle:). So yeah... at this point with DS, I was measuring 43 weeks, and right now, I'm 11 weeks less than that. :giggle2:

Fishie Kisses 09-17-2010 02:12 PM

This is my 3rd and even though I'm only 6wks, I feel much tinier already. With my first 2 I swear I LOOKED pg as soon as I got my BFP just from all the bloating. This time I feel so tiny. And I'm actually still losing weight and my pants are beyond loose. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to swing pre-preg pants well into the 3rd tri!

AmeliasMum 09-17-2010 03:01 PM

I didn't even show with this babe (#3) until I was about 30wks along. And I am 5'9 and under 120lbs. But then.....All heck broke loose and now I am REALLY showing, of course I am 37wks 5d, LOL. Still NO weight gain, and babe is estimated to be about 7lbs already.

Fishie Kisses 09-17-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmeliasMum (Post 11250207)
I didn't even show with this babe (#3) until I was about 30wks along. And I am 5'9 and under 120lbs. But then.....All heck broke loose and now I am REALLY showing, of course I am 37wks 5d, LOL. Still NO weight gain, and babe is estimated to be about 7lbs already.

wow, I PRAY this is my situation!! I gained 60lbs with ODS and 45 with YDS. If I can keep it at or below 20 this time I'll be SUPER happy! I'm currently still losing from no appetite and being more active, so here's hoping!

Leaner 09-17-2010 05:05 PM

Almost 14 weeks here with #3 and barely showing (before bed at night). I am not worried about it, I just want to LOOK pregnant! I also want the morning (really evening) sickness to totally go away.

crystaldawn_23 09-17-2010 07:36 PM

I was smaller with #3. I wore my regular jeans til I was 18 weeks... with my first two and my fourth I was in maternity clothes BY 13-14 weeks...

My #3 was just a smaller little peanut. Perfect but small for me at only 6lb10oz. I always measured small through the whole pregnancy... in fact at my last appt I was 39 weeks and I only measured 32 cm so she sent me for an u/s and they said the baby was around 6 and ahalf lbs, pretty close since she was born the next day. FWIW all of my other kids were big but I measured normal, weights ranged 9-4 to 10-4

Sabra 09-17-2010 08:42 PM

I started showing later with #3, but more than made up for it in the end. I joke that I was 32 weeks along with my third kid before anyone outside of my family noticed I was pregnant. No one ever noticed the first two times. I'm on #4 now, almost 33 weeks, and back to no one noticing. So apparently I'm smaller with #4 than with the others.

NebraskaGirl82 09-17-2010 08:55 PM

Yep, I was! And I only gained 25 lbs vs 40 lbs with my other two. I was sicker than the previous two and I was also SAH full time, with the first two I was at a sedentary desk job and eating out more.

The weight fell right off too- it was awesome!