Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How high is your uterus? Can you feel it? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1077957)

Kiliki 09-22-2010 11:35 AM

How high is your uterus? Can you feel it?

I'm 12 weeks and I can feel my fundus (the top of my uterus) JUST below my belly button. At 10 weeks, it was about halfway there, and the MW said it was "right where it should be"... but everything I'm reading says it should still be WAY lower, not at my belly button until 20 weeks! Is it higher b/c this is my 3rd pregnancy? :giggle:

I mean, I'm sure that's the reason, I just wanted to express my frustration that the stupid internet doesn't disclose the fact that uteruses grow and get bigger faster with subsequent pregnancies. :giggle:

lauren420 09-22-2010 11:42 AM

Re: How high is your uterus? Can you feel it?

I am 28 weeks, and mine stops right below my ribs and baby sits right under them as well, super uncomfortable lol!!!

Solomon's Mama 09-22-2010 11:42 AM

I could feel mine pretty high at that time. I'm 22 1/2 weeks now and I think mine is around 3 inches above my belly button...and it gets higher when baby stretches!

redhairboy 09-22-2010 01:16 PM

Mine was like that too. I'm 22 weeks and it is around 3 inches abouve belly button.

nceveritt 09-22-2010 01:19 PM

It could be because you have a shorter torso too. I know that my fundus reached my belly button about 5 weeks earlier than it was "supposed to" with each pregnancy - but that's just because I've got a short torso.

Kiliki 09-22-2010 01:26 PM

I have a long torso, actually. Noever actually measured, but most regular shirts are too short, so I assume it's a tad longer than normal. lol

Free Thinker 09-22-2010 02:00 PM

Mine was just like that when I was PG w/ my twins. I could feel my uterus at 8 weeks out of my pelvis, and by 12 weeks it was right under my belly button. The nurse found a HB right under my belly button! I would absolutely have an US to check b/c I do not think it's 'right where it's supposed to be" but some midwives don't worry about it until after the 20 week mark.

Sabra 09-22-2010 02:12 PM

It's pretty common in third or later pregnancies, from what I understand. I measured 5 weeks ahead the whole time I was pregnant with my third daughter. I'm not measuring ahead at all this time around, but my uterus definitely popped up sooner than everything said it should.

stephaniebrookeh5 09-22-2010 02:14 PM

Hi there, I am on number 6...and yes has been confirmed that there is only one in there. My fundus is about the same as yours...but moves around depending on what I am doing. Your uterus actually has been stretched twice before...so the baby has more room...no worries.

llamabeans 09-22-2010 02:17 PM

Have u had a u/s yet? My ute seems like it's made of play dough now.
I'm 13 weeks and it will peak (feels like a bowling pin) right at my belly button, esp if I'm slouching or have a full bladder. Only 1 in there.