Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   "instant notification" not working? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1078)

gr33nie 04-25-2006 08:42 AM

"instant notification" not working?

I am subscribed to a few threads and have chosen "instant notification" for when someone replies to the thead. I am not recieving any notification though. I always have to go back and check each thread to check if someone replied. How do I fix this?

MamaJo 04-25-2006 09:10 AM

Re: "instant notification" not working?

As far as I know the instant notification applies to private messages - you get a little popup letting you know you have a message. I think the only notification of replies to posts are via email. I could be wrong though - I'm still learning some of the features of this site too :)

What area of your cp did you choose the "instant notification"?

gr33nie 04-25-2006 09:21 AM

Yep

I think that it is supposed to send e-mails when someone responds to a thread and the funny thing is, I just got one when you replied to this!

but then I did a test and replied to a thread I started in 'diaper chatter' (what to put 'in' a prefold) and I didn't get an e-mail about that one.

hmmm

MamaJo 04-25-2006 09:25 AM

I don't think you would if you replied, only if somebody else replied. Also, once you get one, it won't send anymore until you've looked at the thread.

gr33nie 04-25-2006 09:32 AM

would you mind sending me a test in diaper chatter on my "what to put 'in' fitteds" thread?

I did get an e-mail that you had responded so hopefully I will get one if you respond to that thread.

Thanks!

MamaJo 04-25-2006 09:48 AM

I replied :)

gr33nie 04-25-2006 02:33 PM

thanks!

I got an e-mail that said that you replied but a bunch of other people replied too and I didn't get an e-mail about that:confused:

Then a few people replied to a post about my new superman diaper and I only got an instant notification about one of them.

hmmm

gr33nie 04-25-2006 02:35 PM

OK I just saw this

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

so I think that everything must be working now!

So sorry to take up your time. Thank you so much!

ocfb16 04-25-2006 04:14 PM

I set mine up to get email notifications if someone sends me a private message and I never get any notifcation. :confused:

MamaJo 04-26-2006 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocfb16
I set mine up to get email notifications if someone sends me a private message and I never get any notifcation. :confused:

Could they be getting eaten by a bulk folder? I get mine :)