Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Sinus infection help (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1078156)

lostiejen 09-22-2010 03:11 PM

Sinus infection help

I feel awful. :(

In the last 24 hours I have developed a major cold or sinus infection or something. My throat hurts, I'm sneezing and blowing my nose constantly, even my teeth hurt from the pressure in my sinuses.

And I just want to crawl into bed and cry because I feel like there's nothing I can do about any of it. Do any of you mamas know of any natural remedies that might at least alleviate some of the discomfort? Any kind of tea especially good for sinuses or anything like that?

3lilbubs 09-22-2010 03:51 PM

Re: Sinus infection help

:hugs: I know how you feel, I had recurring sinus infections my whole pregnancy. See a doctor, you may need antibiotics. A sinus rinse bottle was my best friend. I got it in the pharmacy at the grocery store and it came with 50 packets of dry saline solution to mix up. A hot pack held over your ear and lower jaw will help.

steph410 09-22-2010 04:11 PM

i had the same thing earlier this year before i was pregnant, and the only thing that gave me relief (besides eventually antibiotics because my face hurt so much) was putting hot compresses on my face. i hope you feel better!

isabelsma 09-22-2010 04:15 PM

Ever tried a Neti Pot? You just use saline with it, so you can do it while pregnant. It doesn't fix everything, but it feels better and flushes out a lot of the germs caught up in there. I know that when you're pregnant and can't take anything... every little bit helps! Feel better soon mama!

keen1981 09-22-2010 04:15 PM

I had one with DS#2. I lasted 17 days before I got meds. Usually they will clear before then. My face swelled, alot. I couldn't eat any longer because my teeth felt like they were going to pop out. LOL. I held out AS LOOOONG as I could (with support of my midwife) since meds during pregnancy are a last resort for me.. I used a neti pot, heating pad on my face and a rice sack. I also slept AS MUCH as possible. DH is gone ALL the time but when he was home, I was sleeping. It was hard but we hoenstly felt like we had given it the time to resolve on its own. Still teh worst 17 days of my life. LOL.

OneHotMama 09-22-2010 05:02 PM

:hugs: I know how you feel mama, I have one right now too, but it sounds like yours is worse. I have a sinus rinse kit as well, it keeps me sane because I get sinus infections ALL THE TIME and I refuse to go on meds that often. Do it as often as you can stand it, most of the time for me it will resolve itself that way:hugs: