Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   "Healthy spoesies" ... Earth's Best vs. 7th Generation ... help me choose ... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1086197)

Mk13 10-05-2010 10:16 AM

"Healthy spoesies" ... Earth's Best vs. 7th Generation ... help me choose ...

I will be flying out of the country for 4 weeks at the end of the months and will not be CDing while I'm gone. But DS2 is pretty sensitive to regular sposies so I want to take a gentler alternative with me so I don't have to be hunting down "eco friendly" brands overseas. I do use 7th Generation sposies with him for the nights and do like them but I don't find them very absorbant ... have to change him around his midnight feeding and again around 6am and the morning change usually wakes him up and he won't go back to sleep. ... but that's whole another issue. I have also tried a few Earth's Best chlorine free diapers with DS1 but they don't seem to last much either ... I've tried them on our trips out of the house 2-3hrs and by the time we get home, he's all wet.

Anyone has tried these for a longer time?
... which are more absorbent?
... which are gentler on sensitive skin?

I'll have to take quite a few so right now I'm leaning towards 7th generation as they are almost 1/3 lighter in weight! ... but could really use some insight.

... or is there another brand I should look into?

Qbit 10-05-2010 10:24 AM

Re: "Healthy spoesies" ... Earth's Best vs. 7th Generation ... help me choose ...

I personally liked the feel of 7th Gen better but can't say much for how they compare performance wise. A more earth friendly diaper you might want to check out is Broody Chick. They're compostable and although I haven't tried them myself to see how they perform, I have held one in my hand and they feel very nice. Not all papery and stiff.

http://www.betterbabybums.com/broody...stable-diapers

AZmommy 10-05-2010 10:37 AM

Re: "Healthy spoesies" ... Earth's Best vs. 7th Generation ... help me choose ...

I far prefer the earths best I like the fit better I like thye didn't add dye to make them look brown and they plain work better for us.

Deanna

Mk13 10-05-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZmommy (Post 11376360)
I far prefer the earths best I like the fit better I like thye didn't add dye to make them look brown and they plain work better for us.

Deanna

earth's best do seem to fit better ... I noticed that the 7th Generation have a lot of "useless" area in the back that is part of the diaper but doesn't have any filling so it feels like the diapers are leaking THROUGH the actual paper (or whatever the material is) rather than around the legs or at the top. I like that they are softer but they don't seem too waterproof to me? ... I've noticed couple times that the poo is leaking through the gussets ... I so wish 7th generation would come out better from the comparison but my 6th sense is telling me that's not the case ... :headscratch:

mama2tommy 10-05-2010 10:47 AM

What about Nature Babycare Diapers? Anyone tried them? We're in the same situation, and I'm trying to decide which ones to buy...

WynneBabies 10-05-2010 11:02 AM

I bought the Whole Foods store brand of natural diapers because they were cheaper and I really liked them much better than 7th Generation. Haven't tried Earth's Best.

hilaryisinked 10-05-2010 11:08 AM

I did not like Seventh Generation. They gave DD a rash and tabs aren't stretchy at all.

MyKinleyBug 10-05-2010 11:38 AM

I use NatureBaby Care when we're not using cloth and love them. I tried 7th G and Earths Best diapers and didn't care for the fit and got leaks with both of them, then I saw NatureBaby Care diapers at the store and decided to try them, no leaks at all and they fit great, really soft too. I also digg the fact that the plastic backing in the diaper is made from corn and not petroleum.

You can find more info on them at Naty.com

stephcrouse 10-05-2010 11:41 AM

I loved Nature Babycare!
I am currently using and liking 7th Gen,
I have not tried Earths Best...

lilmonksmom 10-05-2010 12:10 PM

I find Earth's Best to be more absorbent than 7th Generation. My favorite sposie is Nature Babycare. They seem about the same absorbency as Eath's Best, but they are softer inside and fit my son better. They sell them at diapers.com, Babies R Us, and some Targets.