Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   DESPERATE for help... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109037)

4xMommy 03-07-2007 02:56 PM

DESPERATE for help...

Aedhan is 5.5 months. He's always been a clingy baby, but the past few days have been downright hellish. He is only content when I am holding him...I CANNOT put him down, he starts crying even before he hits the seat. He doesn't nap, unless I am holding him. He won't sleep in his bed anymore.

Even when I am holding him, he's crying half the time. I haven't even showered in two days!! He nurses almost constantly, too, it's the only thing that soothes him.

My house looks awful, completely embarrassing. DH is really pissed about that, and either doesn't believe me about Aedhan, or thinks I am over exaggerating.

I am at my wits end...I was having horrible thoughts earlier, and I don't know how to comfort my baby, and have full use of my arms again...

Any advice???

JackieLyn 03-07-2007 02:59 PM

Re: DESPERATE for help...

do you have a sling? i would seriously consider getting a sling...depending how baby likes to be held and how big he is there is a LARGE selection of slings that work for just about anyone. http://www.thebabywearer.com is a great resource! i think a lot of DS mama's frequent here also :) i know the first couple months are exhausting so take a deep breath and walk away before you do anything you will really regret! :hugs: i assure you it will pass. we're all here if you need help!

Hitchkids 03-07-2007 03:02 PM

Seems to me your baby needs you right now. I'm sorry to hear your hubby is not being supportive of your needs right now. But this will pass eventually. Pop the baby in a sling or carrier and find a way to take care of his needs and your emotional needs first. The mess will be there in a few days when the baby is doing better. I think you have your plate full right now and are doing the best you can. Perhaps when hubby gets home, you should hand him the baby and go lock the bathroom door and get in a shower. I know that always makes me feel just a tad more human. good luck.

abigail 03-07-2007 03:03 PM

Another vote for a sling. maybe he's teething? I'm sosorry mama, I know it's hard when they don't ever give you a break :hugs:

4xMommy 03-07-2007 03:03 PM

Thanks for your reply! We have a wrap, and a padded ring sling. The wrap is just too stretchy for Aedhan now, he's way too heavy, and I just can't the hang of the RS, it's never comfy for us. I was actually thinking of trading/selling the RS for something that works better for us...I guess this is as good a time as any, right??

Thanks!

PS--His gums are puffy like he might be teething, I've given Tylenol and Orajel...not much result, though.

sienna 03-07-2007 03:10 PM

teething pain? see if a dose of tylenol or advil helps. my dd is exactly the same way when her teeth are hurting and it started at that age.... i've noticed that whenever she behaves strangely something is bothering her...usually teeth!!1

S

4xMommy 03-07-2007 03:20 PM

I think I might get some ibuprofen tonight, see if that helps him...I should have also mentioned, he has eczema REALLY bad, and is probably pretty uncomfortable from that, as well.

Leininger27 03-07-2007 03:23 PM

I would recommend a MT. I just got my first one yesterday and I can't believe I waited this long!!!! We have been using a sling, but it is too much for my shoulder. I needed something to distribute the weight evenly!

Also if it is teething I highly recommend hyland teething tablets. Also recommend an amber teething necklace! They are a godsend! Didn't even know my ds cut 4 teeth when he was wearing his necklace! :lostit: No drooling, no crankiness, and no fever! Awesome!!!

Good luck mama and I hope things get better for you real soon! PM me if you ever need to talk! :mrgreen:

ceilismom 03-07-2007 03:28 PM

My DD was like this when she had an ear infection. She never pulled at her ears, or gave me any obvious indication that they were the problem. But she was so not herself that we went to the doc, and that was her problem. I think teeth are a really good possibility, and as has already been mentioned, hylands really do help. Available at Walmart, can't remember if infant dept or pharmacy, though.

bronxmama 03-07-2007 03:35 PM

for the eczema try olive oil soap (like kiss my face) and lasinoh lanolin - it really helps. the johnsons will probably irritate him even more. Also, you don't need to bath him every day, and when you do bath him you only need soap on his private, his hair and maybe his neck.

In addition to the lanolin, try cetephil cream (not lotion) or eucerin.

i used the swing to put him to sleep. but carriers work well.

I would also look into the ear infection...

W