Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What age do you stop using an infant swing? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10919)

CMamma 06-02-2006 06:41 AM

What age do you stop using an infant swing?

I'm asking b/c DS will be 5 mos on the 10th... but I am having a garage sale tomorrow. Wasn't sure if it's worth keeping it or if I should sell it while I have the chance. TIA for the FB.

ltelly00 06-02-2006 07:00 AM

Re: What age do you stop using an infant swing?

I honestly dont remember when. I think it was somewhere when she started becoming more mobile and liked floor time. The swing was a lifesaver when she was crabby, but then she got happier. I'd say if he's getting close to the weight limit or if he's just as happy other places, it's time to get rid of it. We honestly got to the point she liked her jumper alot better and would swing herself in that. I do remember that much.

boingo82 06-02-2006 07:22 AM

We stopped around 7 months, because that was when DS learned to stick his arm out, really concentrate, and then grab the leg of the swing as he swung near it.

hockeymom6201 06-02-2006 07:25 AM

haha my kiddie never liked swings :cry: But I buy them everytime I'm telling my self this time I will not sell the one I have so I dont have to buy another for the next baby

CMamma 06-02-2006 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boingo82
We stopped around 7 months, because that was when DS learned to stick his arm out, really concentrate, and then grab the leg of the swing as he swung near it.

Holy moley!

CarrieMF 06-02-2006 09:35 AM

Quote:

Mine all did the same thing so we stopped using them around the same age. A friend of mine kept her 12month old in hers because that was the only way the baby would sleep, she was a fat baby the swing hardly moved.lol

If you use it, keep it. If you don't sell it.

Luvmybabies 06-02-2006 09:37 AM

We stopped at 7mos with DD, she was also reaching out and grabbing the bar on the swing!

DS hated his swing so we never used it with him at all.

Lucky Child 06-02-2006 09:39 AM

Is he in it alot? If so keep it... if not sell it. Is he near the weight limit. bailey is 19 months and since we brought ours back out again for tyler she goes in it when she's tired and watches a video... she's not near the weight limit though.

1bigfamily 06-02-2006 09:40 AM

We use ours sometimes. The twins are 7 1/2 months but their adjusted age due to being preemies is only 6 months so I guess it is still different. :dunno: I stopped alot younger with the others though.

jenncatsmeow 06-02-2006 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boingo82

Yup, that's why we stopped using it. DD would stop the swing by hanging on to the leg rail, then let go and be swinging on again.

I thought she was gonna' rip her little arm out of the socket the first few times I saw it. Can't handle that, sooooo we put the swing away for baby #2.