Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Do you think it is tacky... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10924)

Irishmommy 06-02-2006 07:59 AM

Do you think it is tacky...

to put your dc in just a cloth diaper and shirt? I always thought it looked tacky with sposies, but maybe just because they are so gross anyway, but I've been thinking that I want to do this for summer. Should I worry about too much sun on my dd fair skinned legs?

Heidiliz 06-02-2006 08:05 AM

Re: Do you think it is tacky...

I do it sometimes around the house, but not when we go out somewhere. Actually, I have taken ds#3 out once with a t-shirt and cute cover, and it just looked like he was wearing printed shorts. So, no, I don't think it's tacky (now, disposables, that's tacky!).

aimeemarie 06-02-2006 08:20 AM

Lol that reminds me of a picture I saw hanging in our Sears Portrait Studio. The kid had on a Luvs diapers. It kind of grossed me out.

momof2inohio 06-02-2006 08:26 AM

I don't think so. I've already taken my DS out in public with shirt and a printed BSWW many times.

hollyhobby30 06-02-2006 08:31 AM

I never thought I would be ok with having my ds in a diaper and shirt but I think it's cute to show off his FB and a matching top. Now if we're going out I put pants on him unless it's super hot. I wear him anyway so nobody would even know. I think it also depends on his age.

My mom suprised me. I was showing off a cute custom dipe and she says "Well you don't need to buy him any pants, he's got such cute diapers."

There was just a thread about this the other day. You can do a search.

Jemgirl 06-02-2006 08:32 AM

I don't think tacky at all. That's all ds is in at home and it's been REALLY hot here lately, so often when we are running around too. He's comfortable, the dipes are cuter than cute. And I get lots of questions on cloth that way too:thumbsup: So I get to spread the cd-ing word:giggle:

Priscella 06-02-2006 08:35 AM

It will get way to hot were I live to be running around w/ lots of cloths on, so I plan on just a dip and shirt if need be. I think it is cute, not tacky at all. Especially w/ a cute cover:goodvibes:

upstategirl 06-02-2006 08:41 AM

Last year Bruce was always in just a shirt and diaper. Sometimes when we went out, I would put shorts on him. It just depended on where we were going.

SheilaJoy 06-02-2006 08:56 AM

nope not tacky, IMO :mrgreen:

Namaste 06-02-2006 09:02 AM

Not with cloth! With disposables yes!