Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ever give up on getting the suds out???? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10936)

sunshynemama 06-02-2006 08:04 AM

Ever give up on getting the suds out????

I am sick of washing!!! There is the tiniest amount of bubbles on top, and I can't get rid of them no matter how many hot washes I have done :headscratch:. I am not having any stink or absorbancy issues, so I am tempted to just stop worrying.

I remember reading something that said it may be the washer w/ build up, so if I do give up I will chalk those bubbles up to that, lol.

Also, can I use sportwash on every diaper load? or should I use a "clothing" type detergent?

aimeemarie 06-02-2006 08:23 AM

Re: Ever give up on getting the suds out????

There are usually some bubbles in my rinse cycle but I ignore it. I haven't had any issues yet. Water bubbles naturally, right lol?

marisal 06-02-2006 08:25 AM

this is the best post! i've been doing the same and dh has had to talk me down a few times about my frustration... what about water absorbing into the diaper right away? does it?

sunshynemama 06-02-2006 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aimeemarie
Water bubbles naturally, right lol?

See, that's what I am thinking. Are they just agitation bubbles from the water?

Oh, and my diapers generally absorb water right away, but they are cotton velour topped and sherpa if that makes a difference.

mamagina 06-02-2006 01:17 PM

My water bubbles naturally at least :laugh:

If you don't have stink or absorbance problems... I don't think there are any problems.. :)

nikolaki 06-02-2006 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshynemama
Also, can I use sportwash on every diaper load? or should I use a "clothing" type detergent?

You can use it on every load. I use sensi clean which is the same thing - I use 1/2 an oz - it says to use 1 oz.

wholesomemama 06-02-2006 01:45 PM

If you wanted to be anal, you could try vinegar in the rinse...

sunshynemama 06-02-2006 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikolaki
You can use it on every load. I use sensi clean which is the same thing - I use 1/2 an oz - it says to use 1 oz.

Thanks! I am going to start using that until I order some Allen's.

I would put vinegar in the rinse cycle, but I can't handle the diapers smelling like it! Hot vinegar diapers right out of the dryer... no way, lol.

I may try it and then rinse a few times after though... because it would just be too easy to be content with the stash.

aimeemarie 06-02-2006 02:13 PM

I'm using Allen's too, love it! My dipes smell just clean, no fragrance...it's nice.