Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Nipple PAIN!!! Help! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109546)

superMoM2GTO 03-08-2007 12:44 PM

Nipple PAIN!!! Help!

DS is 17mos and I havent had pain in the past. Just in the last 2-3 days... It feels like razor blades on the right side when he nurses. Why? What can I do?

titania 03-08-2007 06:27 PM

Re: Nipple PAIN!!! Help!

is it possible he cut your nipple with his tooth? one of mine does that every so often (like now :banghead: ). he gets a lazy latch and before i know it PAIN! for days. lansioh all the time!!

other than that, i don't know? i think thrush would affect both sides. do you have a blister? that's the only other thing i can think of.

i sure hope you get to feeling better soon! :hugs:

zonapellucida 03-08-2007 06:35 PM

thrush???? genetian violet..

superMoM2GTO 03-08-2007 07:01 PM

The right side doesnt look differnt from the left & its not bleeding so I don't think he cut me... I do see teeth marks after he nurses, but I get them on both sides and only the right side hurts... Im so bummed cuz its making me not want to nurse :(

Jane456 03-08-2007 07:33 PM

I had that last week... turns out it was the beginning of thrush. My Dr. diagnosed it (there were no signs in the baby's mouth or on my nipple) and stopped it before it spread to the other nipple. Ouch, it was miserable. Good luck!

titania 03-08-2007 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superMoM2GTO (Post 805624)
The right side doesnt look differnt from the left & its not bleeding so I don't think he cut me... I do see teeth marks after he nurses, but I get them on both sides and only the right side hurts... Im so bummed cuz its making me not want to nurse :(

fwiw, i don't bleed when he cuts me. and i can't see the sore right away. maybe try nursing as much as you can on the left, without getting too full on the right. you might let your 'right supply' take a dip while you heal, whatever it turns out to be. you will be able to even it back out when you are not so uncomfortable. :hugs:

superMoM2GTO 03-08-2007 09:00 PM

Thats what I've been doing :blush: making him nurse on the left more. Hard though cuz the right is his favorite side :giggle: I looked again during shower time & it look like the teeth marks are still there! (This is a good 4-5 hours since he nursed on that side) and (sorry if TMI) the lines in the nipple tip are crack like if that makes sense. Like on the left I can see the lines but they are 2D. But the lines on the right are 3D. Does that matter/mean anything? Ive never had thrush so how would I know if thats what I have/am getting?

little*sprouts*garden 03-08-2007 09:07 PM

I just had something similar happen to me this week.....I actually started noticing that my right boob was REALLLLLLY sore when he nursed....I just kind of thought that with all his new little teeth he was sucking different and his teeth must have been hitting my nipple wierd. Well, to make a long story short the soreness turned to pain and when I finally checked it out again it was like (and sorry for TMI) there was a cut...that was almost like a "hole" on my nipple.....YIKES! NO WONDER IT HURT!! Anyways...I would have NEVER noticed it without really looking....WIERD...I don't EVER remember him biting me?!? I dunno

THANK GOODNESS it is healing now....it took about a week...it got worse before getting better so HANG IN THERE!! In fact, it got so sore that my bra hurt to touch it~ It will get better!
(Thank God for little miracles):giggle:

little*sprouts*garden 03-08-2007 09:09 PM

Oh yeah...one other thing....(and this might be a total "NO NO" but it worked for me)....I started putting a little bit of Triple Anti-biotic ointment on it cause it looked like it was gonna get infected!

It seemed to help with the healing and it kept it from getting infected.:thumbsup:

superMoM2GTO 03-09-2007 07:26 AM

Thanks again for all the help :goodvibes: The pain is getting worse, though, so Im going to see my doctor today. I will post again after I see him to let you all know what he said :thumbsup: