Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Why do new users need 5 posts before they can PM? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1102546)

AnnecyDream 11-01-2010 05:34 PM

Why do new users need 5 posts before they can PM?

It's very frustrating to buy diapers from someone when you can't PM them. This produces the undesirable side effect of having to exchange your personal email to conduct the trade. What is the purpose of this rule? Replies should at least be counted towards the min!

TwilightMommy 11-01-2010 06:23 PM

Re: Why do new users need 5 posts before they can PM?

Honestly, it takes about less then 1 min of your time to go to the forum in off topic and make 5 posts. Or another topic that interests you. I'm not sure the EXACT reasoning for having 5 post's ..my guess would be because to make sure your not a spam bot or something like that..

If I wanted something bad enough I would make my 5 posts and not stress about :hugs:

Sally's Red Meadow 11-01-2010 06:25 PM

I think replies do count. You can always get your post count up by visiting the craft section and telling people how nice their stuff looks. Hope this helps.

TwilightMommy 11-01-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sally's Red Meadow (Post 11569175)
I think replies do count. You can always get your post count up by visiting the craft section and telling people how nice their stuff looks. Hope this helps.

:yeahthat:

sillymama 11-01-2010 06:46 PM

There used to be a lot of spam from people that would register and then send PMs with spam with links and pictures to sometimes inappropriate sources. That is why there are minimums for PMs, posting pics, etc. It has really cut down on the spam.

I understand the frustration because the first thing I did, back in the day, after joining was PM about an item. It really isn't hard to get 5 posts. Like a previous poster said, you can visit the Show and Tell forum and tell people you like their crafts.

TwilightMommy 11-01-2010 06:47 PM

I knew it was something of that nature :)
thanks for clearing it up :)

tambola 11-02-2010 04:08 PM

I have to disagree that it takes only one minute....but I am easily distracted.

I am glad to see this thread though, so I at least know why there is a 5 post min.
thanks!
I'm off to see the show and tell forum. :)

norrahsmommy 11-02-2010 04:20 PM

Just an FYI- FSOT posts don't count towards your post count. :thumbsup:

beachbb3 11-04-2010 12:01 PM

Thanks! I am not a big 'poster' and felt dorky commenting randomly. This is a great idea!

tambola 11-04-2010 12:34 PM

yes, it is a good idea, and also, I didn't know that posts in fsot didn't count. I'm almost to five.....