Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Is it to late to wear my baby? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11102)

c2afwife 06-02-2006 05:03 PM

Is it to late to wear my baby?

I have never worn her before BUT I am sad that I didn't! I didn't really know my options. DD is going to be a year old on June 14th and she is probably around 20 lbs! I would really like to do a Mei Tai kinda thing....is it to late? Is she to big? What are my options for older babies??? :headscratch: :thanks:

Prettylocks 06-02-2006 05:06 PM

Re: Is it to late to wear my baby?

Not too late! I would recommend a nonpadded ring sling... I am sure there are WAHMs here that make 'em!

Prettylocks 06-02-2006 05:08 PM

BTW- I wear my 23 lb 9 month old AND my 32 pound almost 3 yr old! They love it at any age :goodvibes:

navars2 06-02-2006 05:15 PM

Heck, I still wear my 35-36 lb almost 4 year old! Definately give it a shot! :) It may time some time for her to get used to it but it is well worth it. :D

AttachedMama 06-02-2006 05:45 PM

I don't think it's too late!

Heck, when we got our Baby Hawk MT our 9year old got in it on DH's back and he said she didn't even feel TOO heavy in it LOL of course he doesn't wear her but it shows how much it'll hold!

CMamma 06-02-2006 05:51 PM

NO way it's not too late. I didn't start to wear DS#1 until I was 5 mos preggo w/DS#2 LOL & DS#1 was 35 lbs at the time!

allycat 06-02-2006 05:55 PM

I'm going to make a wrap for my kiddos, and they are both around 30lbs. One at a time though:giggle:

marisal 06-02-2006 06:47 PM

Not too late. I started wearing ds at about 10 months and we look forward to wearing him around for afew more years. Mei teis are great, we tried a mt and a wrap and decided a wrap would be better. I suggest, if you can, to go to a BWing meeting or enlist some BWing pals and try out a bunch of different carriers to see what works well for you. There are so many kinds!
Good luck.
Marisa

Carrie 06-02-2006 07:00 PM

We didn't start wearing them until they were 17 months! We have two patapum carriers and a babyhawk MT. I love both but especially the babyhawk. I got a lot of help from thebabywearer.com.

CATeacher 06-02-2006 07:07 PM

not too late at all. my dd is a yr and we use a rs and pouch all the time...also love out babyhawk xts and wraps.

If you need any help, LMK....I love to chat slings and am on thebabywearer a lot.

Karen