Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Remember the thread about the JR Watkins Detergent? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1112221)

mlhmrsdds 11-18-2010 12:28 PM

Remember the thread about the JR Watkins Detergent?

It was about 6-8 weeks ago I think. Someone found it at Target and was going to try it. Well I did too! Here is my update incase anyone cares: :giggle2:

I found it to work great on stink but I needed to use oxyclean to keep the stains out. Otherwise I LOVE it! My organic inserts are almost as soft as when they were new and the couple prefolds I do wash are always fresh and soft and no microfiber or any type of stink (not that I really had problems with that before anyhow).

Here is what I do, I have a Maytag Epic FL with medium to slightly hard water:
Cold rinse with nothing
Hot wash with one heaping scoop (I think it is a tablespoon) of the JR Watkins
1/4ish scoop of oxyclean versitile (yellow lid)
Just the rinse the machine does (I think it is default to two rinses though).

About every 6 weeks or so I do run a sanitize cycle, but I wouldn't have to, I just like that extra clean once in awhile.

ETA: In case you missed the original thread this is a natural detergent found in a box at Target in their natural cleaning isle, near the Method stuff. It was hard for me to spot at first but I found mine on the top shelf.

faiths13 11-18-2010 04:42 PM

Re: Remember the thread about the JR Watkins Detergent?

i remember that thread. i was wondering about it too. would love to hear if any other mamas are still loving it : )

cmaniezzz 11-18-2010 05:53 PM

I remember that thread.. As far as i can remember, i think it didn't work for her dipes.. filmsy residue or something.. how long you've been use this?

lizzy79 06-30-2011 12:10 PM

anyone else try this detergent?? i found it on sale today at target and bought some. haven't tried it on my diapers yet. so far nothing has worked on my diapers except all free and clear. i would be super impressed if this works!

cmaniezzz 06-30-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizzy79 (Post 13264398)
anyone else try this detergent?? i found it on sale today at target and bought some. haven't tried it on my diapers yet. so far nothing has worked on my diapers except all free and clear. i would be super impressed if this works!

I recommend try Dropps detergent instead of this, they also have it on sale for the regular scented one in as seen on tv aisle..