Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What do you do when someone sells you a bad item? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1114)

ocfb16 04-25-2006 09:56 AM

What do you do when someone sells you a bad item?

I bought some CB inserts from a momma on here. I was told they were new. They do look completely brand new, unwashed and everything. However, every one of them have a snap missing. I do not feel that she sold them to me knowing this. However, she basically says it's my problem now. And even makes it out like I am making it up. She inspected the inserts better before she sold them to me. Anyway I do not really know how to handle this situation. I mean the way it was handled the mom deserves negative feedback. But that means in turn I will recieve negative feedback from her and I did nothing wrong to deserve that. Even if she would have nicely said I am so sorry I did realize they were broke but I cant afford to take them back, I woud have been satisfied. Any advice??? :confused:

beckers1111 04-25-2006 10:55 AM

Re: What do you do when someone sells you a bad item?

I would leave nice negative feedback. saying you think she unknowingly sent you damaged items, but her customer service end could use some revamping? ;) sorry mama! what is she going to say negativly about you?? that you were unhappy with her service?

tatertots 04-25-2006 10:59 AM

Maybe instead of leaving her neg. Leave her neutral. That way you don't have to hurt her by leaving neg but you don't have to leave her positive either.

raversangel 04-25-2006 10:59 AM

or you could leave neutral feedbaack saying the product was new as described, but a snap was missing that the seller hadn't noticed or something like that...i've had something like that happen to me and i got a full refund and mailed the item back...

kissum 04-25-2006 11:04 AM

I think she should take it back, minus shipping. It was misrepresented. And that's not fair. If she won't I think that she deserved negative feedback. That's the icky thing about feedback, it goes both ways. So if one person leaves a negative, the other can too. I think that this person needs the negative though for the sake of future buyers! And really, she can't leave you a valid negative for telling the truth. That'd be very unfair. I can vouch for you, you're a great seller, I'm sure you're a good buyer too!

scwendy 04-25-2006 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kissum
I think she should take it back, minus shipping. It was misrepresented. And that's not fair. If she won't I think that she deserved negative feedback. That's the icky thing about feedback, it goes both ways. So if one person leaves a negative, the other can too. I think that this person needs the negative though for the sake of future buyers! And really, she can't leave you a valid negative for telling the truth. That'd be very unfair. I can vouch for you, you're a great seller, I'm sure you're a good buyer too!

Frankly, I think she should refund you completely plus the cost of you shipping them back. Honest or not, it was HER mistake, KWIM?

lovencloth 04-25-2006 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kissum

ITA, plus, there is nothing that says that you can't respond to the fb she leaves stating that you tryed to rectify the situation with the Mama and she was unwilling. The only one that looks bad is the one that should. ((hugs)) sorry, sometimes the whole fb thing is a stinker.

MamaJo 04-25-2006 11:12 AM

I'd say leave negative feedback....if not for the item, for the "customer service". My guess is she got it as a second - I think a lot were sold by CB as seconds for that reason.

If anyone ever feels they get retalitory feedback that is completely unfair, let me know - if I let stuff like that go on here like ebay does, our feedback system will be worthless. (ETA: just wanted to add so I don't get a billion requests, I could only do this in extreme/obvious situations - I couldn't possibly investigate a ton :o)

ocfb16 04-25-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaJo
I'd say leave negative feedback....if not for the item, for the "customer service". My guess is she got it as a second - I think a lot were sold by CB as seconds for that reason.

If anyone ever feels they get retalitory feedback that is completely unfair, let me know - if I let stuff like that go on here like ebay does, our feedback system will be worthless. (ETA: just wanted to add so I don't get a billion requests, I could only do this in extreme/obvious situations - I couldn't possibly investigate a ton :o)

Thanks MamaJo....That was my thought, that they were seconds. I asked her that and she failed to answer me. Thanks for all the responses, now I don't feel so bad. I hate having to leave someone negative feedback. And I've had this happen before but the person was so nice and willing to help me out that I just kept the product even though it wasnt as described. Good customer service is really important.

MamaZ 04-25-2006 01:22 PM

A few months ago I bought seconds from Cotton babies for $1 each and they were missing snaps. She should have told you that they were seconds. THat wasn't right :(