Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   what color is the thread on you CPF premium size (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11164)

massage mama 06-02-2006 08:41 PM

what color is the thread on you CPF premium size

I've purchased some new Cpfs and the thread on the edge is light blue but after looking at some sites I see more of a royal blue. What is the difference. I bought these form a diaper servcie thinking they would be the most durable but they seem to leak a lot more than my original 6 and they a longer and stiffer than my original 6 Cpfs. The business has changed ownership since I purchased last year. I just assumed they would be the same dipes.
T

bobandjess99 06-02-2006 08:44 PM

Re: what color is the thread on you CPF premium size

Quote:

Originally Posted by massage mama
I've purchased some new Cpfs and the thread on the edge is light blue but after looking at some sites I see more of a royal blue. What is the difference. I bought these form a diaper servcie thinking they would be the most durable but they seem to leak a lot more than my original 6 and they a longer and stiffer than my original 6 Cpfs. The business has changed ownership since I purchased last year. I just assumed they would be the same dipes.
T

In my experience, GERBER diapers use a lighter blue thread and are a bit longer than premium CPF's. Perhaps you got Gerber dsq prefolds?

CMamma 06-02-2006 09:10 PM

I dunno... I have a darker blue but also I have CPFs that have no colored stitching but work great too.

havanadaydreamin 06-02-2006 09:18 PM

I think that you might have gotten a hold of some Gerber prefolds.

Have they fluffed up any since you have been washing them? My Gerber PF never fluffed up like my IPF did.

massage mama 06-02-2006 09:18 PM

I can't seem to find any pictures of the Gerber DSQ Cpf.
I don't even know if mine are 4x8x4 or 4x6x4.
Will they soften and get more absorbant? Or did I buy some dudds?:banghead:
T

havanadaydreamin 06-02-2006 09:25 PM

Mine have never really softened up, so I use them trifolded in a cover. It seems to help with the absorbancy. I can't just pin them or snappi them.

These are actually my dipes that I use only when all the other ones are dirty. They work but I have to change DD more often than when I use my IPF.

mom22lilguys 06-02-2006 10:48 PM

I have had white premium CPFs with light blue thread and unbleached CPFs with the navy thread. The unbleached were definately thicker IMO.

massage mama 06-03-2006 06:28 AM

Does thicker mean more absorbant.
They do seem to have fluffed up but they are not thick. They were like hard paper before washing for the first time.
Where do you get Gerber prefolds from i can't find any pictures.
T

mom_of_3g_1b 06-03-2006 04:26 PM

I have some IPF's with dark blue thread and they are thicker and longer than the CPFs I have with white thread but the absorbancy seems to be pretty similar.

littlelady 06-03-2006 06:22 PM

I have some European DSQ premium size prefolds that have light blue stitching. The weave is denser on the euro's and less fluffy so they do not quilt up quite like the CPF's. However, they will last forever. Mine required a few more washings to break in than my CPF's. I love them because they are as trim as a regular CPF but hold as much as a premium. I got mine from Granitesmith on e-bay. She and her DH owned a diaper service.