Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Another GAD question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11182)

tararaboomdeea 06-02-2006 10:17 PM

Another GAD question

I have one GAD, we used it today. Not impressed at all! It totally leaked and the hemp insert was sopping wet! He only wore it for *maybe* an hour! The hemp insert seems really thin. What do you GAD lovers use as inserts?

I will give it another try, but I was pretty bummed out :(

*MamaStacy* 06-02-2006 10:19 PM

Re: Another GAD question

Was its used?? You may need to strip it. I got a bunch of GADs from a mama here and they are our favs. In fact, we tried one at night and it held for about 7 hrs. before I had to change him. I have the hemp inserts and microfiber ones...the GAD inserts, that is. I haven't had 1 leaking issue with ours yet. How is the fit? Where did it leak from??

drenotdoctor 06-02-2006 10:34 PM

The GAD insert seems flimsy to me too. We usually wrap it in a MF towel & it holds ds pretty well. Don't think I have ever used it by itself after the first time :giggle: Most inserts fit pretty well in the GAD we have. A MOE MF one would probably do the trick too. :) HTH!

tararaboomdeea 06-02-2006 10:35 PM

Yes, it was used. I did my whole wash routine twice in a row to make sure it was extra clean. The fit was great! And I was so excited because they are so trim! Maybe I do need to strip it *sigh* I don't wanna LOL I think maybe I will try a MF towel and see if that helps. Maybe use it with the hemp and go from there. I think my DS is becoming a super soaker!

*MamaStacy* 06-02-2006 10:39 PM

Another question is, was it solid PUL or print? All of mine are solid PUL. You could try the hemp insert wrapped in a microfiber towel and see how it holds up. If you still have leaking, you might try stripping it. :thumbsup:

tararaboomdeea 06-02-2006 10:49 PM

Solid :)

SarahJane 06-03-2006 02:07 PM

I just got a new one and had the same issue except with a GAD microfiber insert. It really got wet fast. I washed it 2 times in hot and then cooked in the dryer I'll let you know. My first GAD (a print) has never leaked. This is a solid PUL?????

toryandrew 06-03-2006 02:27 PM

Is it the heavy-duty insert with the adjustable 4 layer part or just the two layer one? I never use the 2-layer one without a doubler of some sort, microfiber towels etc.

marvelous 06-03-2006 02:42 PM

My DD had whole stash of med GADs and we had a few leaks too. She was a heavywetter and the insert alone just wouldn't hold. We too used a microfiber towel, but then that took away from the trimness.

Do you know what totally works now that she is in larges? A regular old CB insert. I don't have to add anything extra.

Give it another try. GADs are one of my favorites.

hollyhobby30 06-03-2006 03:53 PM

I never had great results with the hemp inserts so I always bought my customs without and added my own cottonbabies onesize insert instead.