Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Is it wrong to cd my daycare child? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11225)

GrowingUpMad 06-03-2006 06:23 AM

Is it wrong to cd my daycare child?

So I have just started watching a little girl, J, who is turning 2 this month. She is darling and such a little cutie!! She apparently was not used to eating all the fruits and veggies we do so she developed the runs and has diaper rash. I was using the wipes her mom sent but she would cry when I wiped so I snuck and used some of my cloth stash I have for Lilly, she loved it. I used a cloth diaper to let her play outside and in the water and it helped clear up the rash a bit. But then I stuck her back in a sposie for nap time and she woke up with a rash again. I have about 6 larges here I have picked up for Lilly, should I just used them on J? Her mom has NO interest in cd'ing at home but didn't really have an issue when I told her I put one on her to play outside in or when I mentioned using the cloth wipes. I just don't know how someone not cd'ing would fel about the new nanny using cloth.

keegans_mommy 06-03-2006 06:27 AM

Re: Is it wrong to cd my daycare child?

I had the same issue last year. I had a little boy in sposies and we didn't want nasty sposies in our trash :yuck: so I told the mother that we were a cding family and would she be opposed to us using cloth on her boy and she was fine with it, I had him changed back to sposies before he left and I just washed his dipes with Nates. :) And we didn't have to deal with nasty sposies :yuck:

Just let the mother know that it will save HER money and YOU will do all the work and will not affect her in any other way but save her money ;)

aimeemarie 06-03-2006 06:56 AM

Well does she provide you with sposies? Do you mind using what you have for Lilly? You could say it in a "I've got several larges I'm saving for lilly that I could use on J and that way you wouldn't have to send me sposies anymore either." I don't see why she'd object ya know?

Five Green Beans 06-03-2006 07:02 AM

we have a no sposie policy here :yuck: , even when my sis came on a visit I cd'ed her boy in pink :giggle:

I agree with the others that if you tell the mom no work for her and save money, I would be for it If I was a sposie mama

Namaste 06-03-2006 07:34 AM

I would tell her that you prefer to cd and the $ that the money she is saving on sposies should come back to you to purchase cloth for your daycare. What would it matter to her? LOL She'll get hooked when she find that her little one isn't getting rashes.

upstategirl 06-03-2006 07:37 AM

If the mom doesn't mind then I would use cloth wipes and diapers when she is there. A lot better for her bum and would save money for the mom.

Shay 06-03-2006 08:36 AM

I was babysitting a little boy and I cloth diapered him. I just changed him before him mom got there.

raceNzanesmom 06-03-2006 09:15 AM

I CD both my day care babes part time. The moms are fine with it. I use cloth wipes on them almost all the time. It saves the moms a bit of money and is better for the babes' tushies. C is in a cute turquiose FB right now. =)

I think the big thing with cloth dipes is to ask the mom if it's ok. As long as she's ok with it then go for it.

rowynne 06-03-2006 10:14 AM

I would have no problem with someone cding my baby at their home, even if I didnt cd myself.

Shaineinok 06-03-2006 10:39 AM

As long as the mom and you don't mind then I see no problem with it.