Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Increasing Quality/Amount of CM (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1126683)

ma-meem 12-18-2010 12:10 PM

Increasing Quality/Amount of CM

hey mamas, wondering if any of you used any of these your ttc regimen. If so, have they helped w/ increasing quality cervical mucous and pms? I've just started epo and grapefruit juice. Thanks mamas!!!!

INCREASING CERVICAL MUCUS

Evening Primrose Oil: 1,000 IU per day should be taken
from Cycle Day 1 to Ovulation. Helps with cm and pms symptoms.

Flax Seed Oil: 2,000 mg per day from Ovulation to AF. Improves uterine function w/ttc.

Red Raspberry: 1,000 mg daily: Start anytime in cycle.
Can be taken during pregnancy until a month prior to labor/delivery.
Strengthens the uterine lining which in turn lengthens luteal phase

Grapefruit Juice - increase amount and quality of cm. Helps with implantation.

trying4more 12-18-2010 03:41 PM

Re: Increasing Quality/Amount of CM

I've tried EPO, and it didn't do anything.
Green tea w/antioxidants REALLYYYYYY produced TONS of Cm, and this was PAST my fertile window! I didn't take it until after I O'd. This cycle I'm taking it daily before O'ing. I've heard a lot of people saying it really helps increase the CM!

ma-meem 12-20-2010 06:12 AM

thanks Ariana!

StaceyS 12-20-2010 06:20 AM

I have done all of the above before at various times. LOL

Green tea does work well to produce copious amounts of cm. Drink it every single day from AF til O but stop after O. I read somewhere that it isn't good for embryo's for some reason that escapes my mind right now.

Grapefruit juice also worked for me. I didn't like it, though. It has to be stright up grapefruit juice and not cocktail...meaning NO added sugars. Pooey. Not my taste.

EPO didn't really do very much for me at all to speak of, but I did try it out for a few cycles. I have heard borage oil is a stronger type of oil that may be helpful in this area. To be taken exactly like the EPO.

Red Raspberry is a GREAT uterine tonic. It is so helpful for the reproductive system and especially the uterus. It tones and strengthens it and I have heard makes less painful AF's. I only ever used it in pregnancy, though, so can't speak for it when TTC.

I never tried the flax seed oil. I know it is very good for you, though.

There is a product out there called fertile cm that is supposed to help with cervical mucous. I actually bought a bottle of it right before my BFP so I never did use it. Maybe someone here can help? I still have it if anyone is interested in trying it (will sell cheaper than that website). It is still sealed and untouched. :)

StaceyS 12-20-2010 06:37 AM

Oh, forgot to mention You can also take mucinex or robitussin to thin cervical fluid if you want the week of O. Just amke sure it is the plain stuff with nothing added in it.
I have also done this with great results as well. :)

ma-meem 12-20-2010 08:39 AM

awesome info Stacey! thanks so much :)

tygr2410 12-20-2010 10:07 AM

preseed, which i assume is similar to what stacy posted, worked well for us :)

trying4more 12-20-2010 01:15 PM

isn't preseed for use during sex? It doesn't make the body produce fertile Cm.

StaceyS 12-20-2010 04:59 PM

yeah preseed is sperm friendly lubricant similar to ewcm. We had some luck with that before, but it is pricey! You can buy the same stuff at cvs called preconceive a tad bit cheaper.

Honestly, if you're brave enough, skip the price tags and use raw egg whites for lube. You don't need much and it is a pure protein which makes sperm travel easier. It pretty much mimics yoru body's ewcm...it is most like it. My 8yo was conceived after 9 long months using it ...worked the 1st try!

wantsanother 12-20-2010 08:37 PM

I use maca. It increased my cm and amount and I had fertile cm 3days leading up to o, the day of and the day after. It also made me spot when I o'ed so I knew for sure. It's an heb that helps with reproductive issues and will also help your guys' spermies. Makes them swim better and be stronger if he takes them as well. :) Just a thought.