Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Struggles & Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   slow rising hCG level question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1126913)

grouprn 12-19-2010 04:03 AM

slow rising hCG level question

I did a FET, only had 3 embryo so this will be our last shot. Anyway Doc transferred 2 good embryos. I had my first hCG level 12/15 (date of conception would be considered 11/30) Anyway level was 63, PREGNANT! So excited. Went back again Friday, 12/17 level was only 91. Clinic said it should have gone up by at least 70%. Nurse told me to perpare myself it didn't look good. I go again on Tuesday to have my level checked again. I've been crying a lot and having a hard time trying to stay positive. I've been reading on the internet about the whole doubling every 2-3 days thing and I feel even worse now. So my question, has anyone ever heard of levels being this low and slow rising and still ending with a normal pregancy?

praying for a healthy baby!

grouprn 12-19-2010 11:00 PM

Re: slow rising hCG level question

Anybody, Anything, good or bad?

skyericsson 12-20-2010 01:39 AM

Woman do go on to have healthy babies even when the HCG number does not rise so rapidly in the very begining. I did with our DD and DS! after the first two HCG level drawings with DD and DS then they did start to double and go way up. I know it's hard not to worry :hugs: sending sticky bean prayers your way!

ma-meem 12-20-2010 02:22 PM

I had extremely slow rising HCG with my last pregnancy. I was 4 weeks when my hcg was only 24. I had to go in every other day for testing, and it did rise...slowly but surely. I didn't even get a positive on a hpt until 21 dpo! They also told me that I should expect a miscarriage, because the rise was so slow. But he stuck!!! he was so strong. Tons of sticky dust your way...and lots of :hugs: I know how hard it is. Try to stay positive, I know it's hard to do that. But don't give up hope....it happened to me, and did not end in a miscarriage. FX for you mama!!

Kbunz14 12-20-2010 02:37 PM

I'm not sure about my nubmers because my OB didn't do blood work this time around, but I feel like my hcg took a while to get going. Lots of :hugs: and :crossfingers: for you mama

grouprn 12-22-2010 04:17 AM

Thanks for giving me a little hope even though short lived. My level went down so I am off the progesteron and estrace. Waiting to miscarry. I will have my level monitored until it is back down to 0.

Ardenne 12-22-2010 07:21 AM

I'm so sorry. :hugs:

supergirljennie 12-22-2010 07:26 AM

I'm sorry. :bighug:

grouprn 12-24-2010 09:58 AM

Anyone have any idea how long it will take to before I actually miscarry? My level on Tuesday was 50 something. I stopped taking the estrace and progesterone that day. It's now Friday and no cramping or spoting or anything. I am so upset about the levels going down but this just waiting to miscarry is killing me. My clinic closed Wed. for the Christmas holiday so no one to ask. Anyone have any experience with miscarriage while doing IVF or FET?

skyericsson 12-25-2010 01:07 AM

So sorry mama :hugs: I don't have experience with IVF or FET MC but I have had two MC back to back and you can read my stories on here. The first I MC right after a positive HPT gradually over 3.5 weeks (total bleeding), the second I MC at about 9 weeks but the baby stopped developing at about 6.5 weeks :( every woman would be different and the waiting for me was much harder, being in that limbo....So very sorry you are going through this :( sending prayers your way!