Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Western Canada (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Diaper swap in calgary (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1127726)

Bottoms Up 12-21-2010 04:55 AM

Diaper swap in calgary

I have a used diaper company in Calgary, and i have been hearing about other cities doing large diaper meets/swaps. i am wondering if i were rent out a hall if anyone would be interested in participating (renting a table to sell their own) or shop for gently used diapers?

If this gains enough interest i will do one in early spring. i think its a GREAT idea and I, as well as other moms can benefit from this.
please please please let me know you thoughts!

ALovelyStart 12-21-2010 08:57 AM

Re: Diaper swap in calgary

great idea! A couple years ago we had a swap in Calgary and it was really fun. OK turn out, but we didn't really advertise it, just kept it with in a smaller group due to space restrictions we had.
Are you thinking only individuals with personal stashes or would be WAHMs be able to have a table? I would be in for it and I know several IRL people that would be eager to participate!

Bottoms Up 12-21-2010 04:20 PM

Yes, this would be open to WHAM as well. I plan on it being a New and Used cloth diapers, and accessories. a mini baby fair - with the focus on cloth diapering.
ideal would be about 20+ tables rented out. i would take care of the advertising for the Cloth diaper swap as well as individuals advertising their own tables.
I would like to do this in late April early May 2011, so only 4 months to build up interest and vendors.
I would like to get a good idea of how many table i can rent out, if you know a few ppl that would be interested in this please send them my way.

I can be contacted at bottomsupclothdiapers@hotmail.ca

thanks!

LadybugMonkey 12-21-2010 04:28 PM

I might go. I'm in Red Deer so its a bit of a drive. It depends on how the diaper situation is at the time. I'm hoping DS will PL by then but he doesn't it will probably be around the same time I need to add a few more diapers to the stash.

oofragileoo 12-27-2010 01:46 PM

I would go depending on the day and location...i don't drive so unless it's walking distance, i'd need DH to have the day off to chauffeur.

DaresMama 12-27-2010 11:32 PM

I would love this! I would have all of my newborn size diapers to sell by then, and would love to stock up on smalls!

mom22sofar 12-28-2010 12:53 PM

I don't know it would be worth my effort to sell stuff-I don't have a huge stash, but I would love to go and browse/buy. I would love to see WAHMs wares and all CD related products, send me a pm if you need some help, we have a community centre in our neighbourhood that residents can rent out for pretty reasonable.

Bebita08 02-06-2011 10:34 PM

I would be interested as well I have a few diapers to sell and would love to browse others. Especially WAHM brand items. Great idea I would love to participate.

caroferris 02-06-2011 10:42 PM

oops, missed the poll I guess...I would go :)

Marika 03-09-2011 02:11 PM

I would go too