Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   No idea how far along I am.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1128367)

IsaacsMom2009 12-22-2010 02:34 PM

No idea how far along I am....

I'm not sure if this is in the right spot, but some of you on here seem to be TTC masters so I thought I'd throw this one out there for you.

First day of my last AF was 10/20/10. My cycles are anywhere from 40-50 days.

AF 10/20
BD 10/26
BD 11/2
BD 11/26
BD 12/5
BD 12/6 (BFN on this day too)
BD 12/12
BFN 12/14
12/18 very light positive on 2 Wondfo tests
BFP 12/19 on CBE digital

So, can anyone guess how far along I am? I've read that at conception you are considered two weeks pregnant (which I totally don't get, but ok). I guess I just don't understand how all of this is measured.

My biggest concern is that the doctors will think I am farther along than I am and then if my baby comes super early they may not be properly concerned.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I have an appointment tomorrow, but most likely they'll just send me for blood work. I doubt they'll do an ultrasound right then LOL.

Thanks mamas.

MommyKeller0107 12-22-2010 02:40 PM

Re: No idea how far along I am....

If you got a BFN on 12/14 & a faint BFP on 12/18, I would say that you are about 4 weeks. Give or take a few days.

TNSearch 12-22-2010 02:44 PM

I would guess that you probably O'ed on 12/5-6. You could tell them you don't know when your first day of your last period was.

Googly Bear 12-22-2010 02:48 PM

Also, they can pretty accurately determine gestational age via early ultrasound which most Dr's do around 8-12 weeks. I wouldn't worry much about the Dr's getting the due date wrong, as long as you get the ultrasound done.

IsaacsMom2009 12-22-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNSearch (Post 11895938)
I would guess that you probably O'ed on 12/5-6. You could tell them you don't know when your first day of your last period was.

I thought of that. LOL!

When I scheduled the appointment the receptionist asked for it, so I told her, and she said I was 9 weeks! I tried to tell her that I have LOOOOOONG cycles, and she says "Oh it doesn't really matter, we'll figure it out."

Um...ok...

It just makes me nervous since DS was 4 weeks early, you know? And this is a whole new doctor's office that I've never even been to... I don't know them, and they don't know me.

Googly Bear 12-22-2010 02:56 PM

I'm sure that she said they'll figure it out is because most times they can based on the ultrasound. Try not to worry! Those first ultrasounds are considered very accurate for determining gestational age based on crown-to-rump measurement. The baby grows so much in the first trimester that it is calculable to determine age reliably by that measurement. Hugs!! When is your appt scheduled for?

Kbunz14 12-22-2010 02:57 PM

even if you knew your O/conception date, they probably wouldn't care :giggle: My OB said that they have ot go by LMP (even if you have charts to prove it) I would say you're closer to 4 wks and they SHOULD to an early u/s in the next I'd say 2 weeks or so to get a gestional age of the baby :)
I agree with Tracey you probably O'd around Dec 5 or 6 which would put you at the end of August. You first light + you were 11-12dpo (possibly) which matches with the lines I remember you posting :)

Shawna 12-22-2010 03:00 PM

If they do an early ultrasound they should get a due date based on crl (crown to rump length) and that should be accurate give or take a few days. Most will do this to date a pregnancy. My last two did even when I had a lmp date to give them.

IsaacsMom2009 12-22-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Googly Bear (Post 11896020)
When is your appt scheduled for?

Tomorrow at 3pm :lostit: I'm so nervous LOL

tygr2410 12-22-2010 06:41 PM

I would say you o'd on the 6th you think" so if they want to use their wheel they can subtract 14 days to get you lnmp /.. Or just say it was 11-26, which is what I would do ;)