Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   most sensitive test (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11285)

1boy1girl1bitty2 06-03-2006 11:25 AM

most sensitive test

ok, AF was due yesterday so i am only one day late but with my dd i was uncontrolably ill and thats how i knew i was pregnant only 7 dpo. but i actually questioned the dr when i found out i was pregnant with ds because i had taken 6 yes 6 tests that were negitive (not all the same brand) but still hadn't gotten a visit from AF (4 weeks late) so my question is what test is uber sensitive that might give me a reliable answer? i don't want to waste the dr's time unless i'm sure, as i live in a small town where we are short on dr's right now.

i do have some early pregnancy symptoms like breast tenderness, and a bit nauseaus, i seem to cry at everything. granted these could just be fluctuating hormones (ds is just 5 months old)

any suggestions would be appreciated

AmandaSue22 06-03-2006 11:51 AM

Re: most sensitive test

I used the internet cheapeies with my DD and it was super sensitive...

I have tried all sorts of tests and I am a few days late and still getting BFNs. I have used dollar tree tests equate, etc and I cant get a positive or a period. I dont know which tests are best to use actually now since I cant seem to find one either lol

But I believe the internet strips test like 20HCG so they are rather sensitive. I have heard of people using OPKs to test for pregnancy but I dont know how sensitive that would be.

Kimmomy2dom 06-03-2006 12:13 PM

Uh...I used to have a link to the different tests sensitivities, but I don't anymore. I would agree with the internet cheapies, BUT unless you have some of those on hand it isn't worth it to me, LOL. If you're looking to test now: my first BFP with this pg was with a $ tree test. That was followed by Equate (walmart) and the Target brand tests (those showed at about the same time). I HATE first response tests, LOL. I NEVER got a positive with those until the rest of my tests were positive. I would suggest trying the cheaper ones first... I think after the internet cheapies the lowest amount detected was running about even for walmart, target and $ tree (this is from memory, though). Good luck!

TwinKristi 06-03-2006 12:15 PM

I've always had good luck testing early with First Response. I got a faint + at 8dpo, I actually have it sitting right here from over a yr ago. LOL I've also heard that the Dollar Tree and internet cheapies are sensitive too but never tried them. Good luck!!

Kimmomy2dom 06-03-2006 12:20 PM

I did look around and came up with this chart: http://www.babyhopes.com/pregnancy-t...nsitivity.html
Uh...but I found a whole bunch of other sites claiming differnt mIU levels than those shown here. LOL, I suggest trying the store brand of whatever is the closest to you - that seems easy. A lot of the #s seems really far off from other charts, so I don't know how much I'd trust it but at least there are some numbers! :)

AmandaSue22 06-03-2006 01:21 PM

oh ya go to www.peeonastick.com and it has pictures of different tests and evap lines and all the sensitivity charts and which tests arent good and which are.

1boy1girl1bitty2 06-03-2006 05:17 PM

thanks so much for your input mamas

mommy2zander 06-03-2006 05:37 PM

strangly one of our dollar stores has the really sensitive ones...

& usually the mius aren't on the tests, cause the brands don't want you to know... but this dollar store test had the miu on it! :D

PamG 06-03-2006 06:59 PM

I use the dollar store tests (99 cent store or Honks) and they have always been accurate.

Even really early on when you can barely see the second line they have always been right. And cheap!

Pam

1boy1girl1bitty2 06-03-2006 09:25 PM

this may be a dumb question but what does miu mean?