Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   SC Medicaid no longer covering routine circumcision! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1129067)

Nanner99 12-24-2010 07:19 PM

SC Medicaid no longer covering routine circumcision!

Since it is elective surgery, this is a no-brainer. They are doing budget cuts and I am so glad they stopped paying for routine circs! :lostit: I never understood why Medicaid would pay for *elective*, totally not needed surgery for newborns in the first place. Who's with me? :giggle:

USMCgirl_05 12-24-2010 07:24 PM

Re: SC Medicaid no longer covering routine circumcision!

I saw that on Facebook the other day! I was so happy, anything that will prevent more parents from having this unnecessary procedure done on their little boys is GREAT to me. I think in a few years you'll have a hard time finding ANY insurance that will cover it! They are all starting to realize that it's a perfectly valid thing to deny coverage for. (except in very RARE cases).

stringbean02 12-24-2010 07:26 PM

i wish that tricare wouldnt cover it so that i would have been able to have another reason on my side to talk DH out of it. DS is snipped and i hate it, i cried like a baby when they took him to have it done. :cry: the ironic part is that DHs circ is botched. thankfully, DS hasnt had a problem.

an_aurora 12-24-2010 07:39 PM

YAY! GO SC!!!

KnittinMomOf4 12-24-2010 07:43 PM

:yay:

BeckyP 12-24-2010 07:45 PM

Our insurance paid 100% for pregnancy but did not cover circ back in 05

Lanasmom 12-24-2010 07:58 PM

I'm in SC and I saw that on News 4 the other day and did a Woo Hoo, and then there is my friend on medicare who says "I'm glad I'm having a girl b/c if it was a boy he would HAVE to be circ'd. That's just gross!" She is holding my uncirc'd son as she says this and I responded with "Logan isn't and won't ever be!"

Yay, something good for SC!

laur318 12-24-2010 09:09 PM

yay! here in CT circ isn't covered my medicaid.

EricaLynn 12-25-2010 03:21 AM

:ohyeah: :happyclap: :bliss:

jasminegrl 12-25-2010 04:12 AM

tricare still covers it unfortunately, hopefully if this little one is a boy I won't have to do too much arguing with DH