Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Walgreens 20 pack of OPK? Is this a + OPK? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1129367)

sunyflwr 12-26-2010 03:24 PM

Walgreens 20 pack of OPK? Is this a + OPK?

Hi! Newbie here with a question.

Does anyone have experience with the Walgreens brand OPKs? I bought a box with the 20 day supply of strips. The instructions say to use FMU? I have never really heard of using FMU for OPKs before? I thought LH surged in the afternoon?

I have begun my first experience with charting once I got my first PP AF back in July. We have been using my charting as sort of a lazy form of birth control. Not really TTC yet, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we got preggo. I am BFing my almost 13 mo old DD only morning and night (sometimes after nap but I don't think she gets much milk then). Pretty much realized after charting for the last 6 months that I am Oing late (around CD 19 usually) with a short LP.

So I should be getting a + OPK about today since I am CD 18 today (temps are still low as of this morning). I did test with FMU and didn't think it was a + OPK. So I just tested again this afternoon. And these Walgreens OPKs are throwing me for a loop. A small strip of the test line on the left-most portion of the test line was clearly darker than the control, and then the rest of the test line was about the same color as the control line or maybe a bit lighter. However, the entire thickness of the test line was not as thick as the control.

The picture below was taken after the time limit, but the color variation looked pretty much the same except the colors are now more pronounced and darker as a whole. BTW, what the heck is up with the time limit on these OPKs?! You have to read the test after 4 min but you can't read them after 5 min?? I haven't used many OPKs before...just the Answers 7 day supply...never used strips before.

DH and I did the BD this morning. :) Thanks for your opinions ladies!

Attachment 60862

Attachment 60864

flmamao2 12-26-2010 04:26 PM

Re: Walgreens 20 pack of OPK? Is this a + OPK?

Looks positive to me :)

jenniferaj072806 12-26-2010 04:46 PM

It is weird that it says to use FMU but that is a POSITIVE.... :) FX

trying4more 12-26-2010 06:43 PM

Def. Positive. you should O in the next few days, if not tonight!

FairyChaca 12-27-2010 01:42 AM

Yeah that looks like a positive I hope you baby danced yesterday and today. Babydust mama.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 12-27-2010 01:44 AM

Looks positive to me too! :babydust:

GrandmotherOwl 12-27-2010 07:07 AM

Look positive to me.

Mpierce 12-27-2010 07:10 AM

Definitely a postive! Get to Bding :)

JoeysMomma 12-27-2010 07:21 AM

Def a positive. You should be ovulating soon! :goodvibes: