Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   High or low? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1129771)

boy-oh-boy 12-27-2010 03:47 PM

High or low?

How exactly do you figure out if you're high or low? And WHEN can you figure it out?

I can tell low when the baby is dropping, but I can't tell any difference between carrying high and low. With my boys, I always had people telling me I was carrying them low, but I didn't think I looked any different from any other pregnant woman.

I think I might be high this time :headscratch: just based on the fact that I could wear my regular jeans up to 16 weeks, whereas with my older 3 (all boys) I couldn't wear them past 11-12 weeks.

Exactly how do you figure this out?

Mrs.Rusty 12-27-2010 05:00 PM

Re: High or low?

I think it's a wives tale about carry height with no fact. 2 of my aunts told me I was carrying high until they realized just how long my legs are then changed their minds to I was "really" low :giggle2:

boy-oh-boy 12-27-2010 05:11 PM

LOL
Maybe that's it, I'm only 5'1 :giggle:

Mrs.Rusty 12-27-2010 05:40 PM

might be I'm taller but I have very long legs and a really short torso. LOL

Faithsa 12-27-2010 06:33 PM

A friend of mine carried high and you could tell she was all baby right under her rib cage and out to her sides. Me on the other hand carried low and was all in front. Unless you saw me waddle, you'd never know I was pregnant from behind - even when I was in labor.

mommyto2girls 12-28-2010 05:36 AM

some can tell ....I can't tell with other women (unless they noticebly dropped):blush:

me though I know I carry low...my kids have always stayed ummm ya down there:blush: it's rare to have one hurt my ribs

that said I do have a long torso, so I'm sure that does play a role in it also

Mrs.Rusty 12-28-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyto2girls (Post 11917231)
some can tell ....I can't tell with other women (unless they noticebly dropped):blush:

me though I know I carry low...my kids have always stayed ummm ya down there:blush: it's rare to have one hurt my ribs

that said I do have a long torso, so I'm sure that does play a role in it also

but then according to the wives tail your fist 2 would have been boys.lol
since supposidly you carry high with girls and low with boys.

jessc82 12-28-2010 12:32 PM

I can't usually tell with other people. With my first two pregnancies I carried low, meaning I felt like my babies were hanging out in my who-ha the whole time. This time, I feel like everything is already up in my ribs and I'm only 23 weeks. I have no increased frequency to go pee and rarely feel kicking down low. I don't feel like my belly looks a ton different... Maybe a little rounder this time but not much.