Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   cding newborn (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11316)

mamato3 06-03-2006 01:55 PM

cding newborn

Why in the heck am I having such a hard time :banghead:
Im really starting to dislike cding :blush: Nothing fits her right and she leakes out of almost everything. The only thing that fits her are the Nb vb fitteds I made with nb proraps or preemie prefolds which I would have to change her like every 10 min cuz they dont hold much at all. She sleeps alot and I hate to keep waking her that often :(
Also I dont have enough diapers that fit so we use sposies at night and most of the time I use them during the day too cuz she doesnt leak out of them.
And if that wasnt enough Im having issues with Ethan and his cds too :banghead:
I was loving cding up until now Im so sad :cry:
Thanks for listening and letting me vent :blush:

raceNzanesmom 06-03-2006 02:27 PM

Re: cding newborn

Hugs! :hugs:

It can be hard when they have those chicken legs that nothing snugs around. My son was only 5.13 when he came home at 9 days. I found the best defense against leaks was a good cover. If the preemie pf work try doubling them up. You can trifold one down the center of another. I wouldn't wake her up! If she's wet enough the dipe wakes her then change her. As long as she's sleeping let her sleep. If you can afford a few fitteds, like KL 0s fine, if not try not to stress. She will grow, everything will fit, then she'll grow some more and everything will be too small. What other dipes do you have? Maybe we know some tricks, like crossing over the tabs/wings.

What issues are you having with ds's?

Try to just enjoy your babes. A little time in sposies isN'T the end of the world, even if it feels like it. :hugs:

masonite 06-03-2006 02:54 PM

I'm obviously NO help, since I've never CD'd during the newborn stage.

:hugs:

If it doesn't work right now, don't stress about it!! Enjoy your sweet baby! I'm sure in a few weeks everything will resolve itself, or you'll be able to figure out some tricks to make things work!

Good Luck Mama!

hollyhobby30 06-03-2006 03:01 PM

I would also suggest trying a doubler in your prefold.

mamato3 06-03-2006 05:08 PM

Thanks for the suggestions raceNzanesmom
I just changed her into preemie PF doubled under a wool soaker :)
My problem with ds's diapers are the pockets they leak all the time it drives me nuts I love pockets for there ease of use but I have striped and striped and striped ................... and nothing works :banghead:

raceNzanesmom 06-03-2006 05:22 PM

Just remember prefolds do tend to leak, so make sure it's a cover that'll hold everything in.

What kind of pockets? Solids or prints? What are you stuffing with?

Kimmomy2dom 06-03-2006 05:48 PM

Yeah, I suggest using doublers for either of your kids to see if that helps any. Your son could be going through a heavy wetting phase, too...mine did for awhile and it went back down.

kkweight 06-03-2006 05:50 PM

OK, honestly, these are the only thing that ever fit DD right from birth and i used a prorap over them. They hold in the poop really well and they are made to fit that period when nothing else fits.

http://www.pattynaps.com/shop/index....roducts_id=143

They are so worth the money! HTH

jodi5 06-03-2006 07:46 PM

Prefolds trifolded in a good cover worked the best for us. We used Bummis SWW. I was frustrated at the beginning too and went diaper board crazy researching. Yes, it is important to have enough absorbancy so you may have to move up to infants quite quickly so hopefully the doubled up preemie will work for you. I didn't have any so I used infants and by 2 months old we were up to premiums. They are still working great. I now also have a few prefold fitteds and I think they would probably work great with a newborn since you can customize so much and get a nice snug fit.

I have heard a lot of newborns don't do well in pockets until they get bigger. It won't be long. Try not to worry too much.

Jodi

JustAugust 06-03-2006 07:54 PM

My son is 10 weeks, but only 9lbs 4oz. He was born 5 weeks early and only weighed 4lbs 14oz, so nothing fit him!

Around 7lbs, he started doing GREAT in Magic-Alls! Now he does great in Fuzzi Bunz, Swaddlebees, Snap-EZ, GADs, etc.

I think it just takes a couple weeks for their little legs to chub up enough not to leak!