Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   wow i hope i have it all do i ?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11353)

tigger15623 06-03-2006 04:24 PM

wow i hope i have it all do i ??

This is my second baby but first to be in cloth we are due in about 6 weeks and i have got so much for cloth diapering i should not have to buy anything for a while LOL , I have enough things in till she hits 30lbs and if she is anything like my first daughter who is small and she is almost 4 and weight 30lbs so this my be all i need, in till we get in to potty traning I started buying when we were about 4 months along to buy as we had the money and all that good stuff so i wont have to worrie about no money need diapers for a while ( i hope) How have i done i have spent a little over $600 in cloth diapering and I was wondering if i did good or bad do i need anything else or am i ready to go for when miss little one gets here or anything else any one might want to add. Thanks so much for every ones support its a wonderful board here

here is my list :))

Diaper pail

Diaper wipe slotions

75-Cloth wipes (that i made for that help with cost)

Pail deotrizers

A daiper rash cream

Allens loundry detergernt

2 wet bags

Diaper sprayer

Cloth diapering book (sinces i am new :)

2 wet begs for cloth diapering on the go

24 each of small and med Micofleece liners that i just cut up my self

24 small micofiber towels

50 med/large micofiber towles

3- Nb prowrap covers

3-Small prowrap covers

1- BSWW in a small

1- BSWW in a med.

30- chinesses prefolds

12-gerber prefolds

11-Toddler chinesses prefolds

8- small pocket diapers

24 Med. Pocket diapers

4 med all in ones

I think thats all wow glade i had 5 months to buy all this :))

redheadedangels 06-03-2006 05:10 PM

Re: wow i hope i have it all do i ??

what sizes are those 30 chinese prefolds? You'll probably need 2 or 3 dozen newborn ones if your babies are smallish. And then a couple dozen infant size too. Looks like you are gonna do pockets mostly (??) for the medium size but if not you will also need some premium size prefolds and you need more covers too. May need more newborn and small covers as well. Are you gonna do any fitteds? Do you have some snappis or pins?

what do you plan to use the gerber prefolds for? I've never tried them but alot of mamas here say they are not very absorbant.

Good luck with your new baby! :hugs: :hugs:

aliks 06-03-2006 05:16 PM

wow, you have a lot more than me. I didn't cd until earlier this year, so I'm no help w/a newborn. But gerber prefolds suck, I think that disposable diaper companies cut a deal with gerber to make those so people won't like cloth. Anyways, I cut mine to make wipes and burp rags. Good luck!

tigger15623 06-03-2006 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redheadedangels
what sizes are those 30 chinese prefolds? You'll probably need 2 or 3 dozen newborn ones if your babies are smallish. And then a couple dozen infant size too. Looks like you are gonna do pockets mostly (??) for the medium size but if not you will also need some premium size prefolds and you need more covers too. May need more newborn and small covers as well. Are you gonna do any fitteds? Do you have some snappis or pins?

what do you plan to use the gerber prefolds for? I've never tried them but alot of mamas here say they are not very absorbant.

Good luck with your new baby! :hugs: :hugs:

My first baby was 8lbs 3oz so the 30 prefolds are infant sizes they gerber prefolds were the first ones i bought before i found this board and befor i found out they were no good :((
I would like to do mostly pockets and i was going wait and see how she grows to see if i need large ones or not the meds go from 15/25lbs and my first daughter when i potty trained her she was about 25 or so lbs.
What i was thinking of doing is doing the covers and prefolds when she is first born, when she hits 15lbs i will switch to pockets for her what was my idea hope it works LOL and then see how she grow to see when i need large or traning pants.
No snappes or pins i was just going to do tri fold and lay in the pro wrap

tigger15623 06-03-2006 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliks
wow, you have a lot more than me. I didn't cd until earlier this year, so I'm no help w/a newborn. But gerber prefolds suck, I think that disposable diaper companies cut a deal with gerber to make those so people won't like cloth. Anyways, I cut mine to make wipes and burp rags. Good luck!

I think your right with the gerber as thats what i bought the first time with my first daughter and we did not have internet so i did not know what all was out there so we did not get to CD her i still to this day wish i did but now i can with the 2nd girl thanks :))

raceNzanesmom 06-03-2006 05:29 PM

Gerbers work for burp cloths then you won't need your cpf for that. Pins or Snappis and you look good. If you end up using pf a lot you might need another cover or two- depends on how much they leak on the cover. Your pockets probably won't fit for at least a couple weeks.

GL!

mamato3 06-03-2006 05:34 PM

our dd is a little over a week old and this is what I have found:
First off I thought I had enough diapers boy was I wrong :(
She was 7lbs 5 oz and infant prefolds are WAY to big Im not sure what size prefolds you have but the preemie ones fit perfect but there not very absorbant so I double up so you need alot of them. The pockets and aio's I have do not hold BF poo at All :( I was bummed cuz I love the ease of them.
our fitteds have also worked very well I made some nb Very baby fitteds
I also have 4 nb proraps they work well no leaks so far with them :)
HTH :)

littlelady 06-03-2006 05:51 PM

I'd say you definately need some snappi's and some preemie prefolds. There are alot of good sites with picture instructions on how to fold and snappi or pin CPF's. You may want to practice on a doll before your baby gets here so that you aren't overwhelmed. Trifolding in a wrap doesn't keep BF poo in at all.

Good luck with your new little love:goodvibes:

tigger15623 06-03-2006 05:59 PM

Sounds like i need a few more things as for BF pooh i wont be breastfeeding, my body dose not produce enough milk (had probles with dd1) , and after i had my first one i had to be put on high blood preser medican and could not bf so i know i wont be able to this time eather with health issues and medican i will be back on after she is born. hmm and i thought i had it all LOL you never have enough things do you LOL

Shaineinok 06-03-2006 06:04 PM

I never used snappi or pins so I don't think they are a requirement. But you might want some on hand just in case. I do think you need at least 3 more covers in the small size. You can make the gerber prefolds work by trifolding a microfiber towel in them. Make sure the towel doesn't touch the baby though. They will double or triple your absorbancy without adding much bulk.
The rest looks good to me! Good luck!