Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Beginning to suspect it's suede cloth! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11387)

SarahJane 06-03-2006 06:44 PM

Beginning to suspect it's suede cloth!

I've been trying to figure out why I get leaks some days with the same inserts etc. for our son. Has anyone else noticed more issues with suede cloth as compared to fleece? I may be imagining it, but I'm going to start keeping track before I buy any more. Maybe it's a boy thing?

BeedieWeedieB 06-03-2006 06:48 PM

Re: Beginning to suspect it's suede cloth!

Hmm, if anything between the 2 I find I have more issues with the fleece because at least in my experience it is more sensitive to build-up and then repelling. Not sure though if thats just the brands I use or not.
Curious to see what others have to say though

heidi

Fullhouse 06-03-2006 06:48 PM

I did notice, but I figured it was just me:giggle:

lararum 06-03-2006 07:00 PM

Well, I've noticed the suedecloth inners we have do not wick away as much as the fleece inners. I usually use a fleece liner with suedecloth. Dd is a super-soaker sometimes, and rash prone so she needs to be DRY!

1boy1girl1bitty2 06-03-2006 07:04 PM

i know my little man is a major front wetter, almost always the back is dry and we only leak up top in the front, so i just put a booster where he wets the most and we have no leaks

fouradss 06-03-2006 07:05 PM

I have never noticed a difference. My BG's are the only suedecloth I have, and these dipes hold everyting. So probably not a great comparison.

drenotdoctor 06-03-2006 07:14 PM

I hadn't noticed a difference.... Maybe a fleece liner would help?

lovencloth 06-03-2006 08:20 PM

I personally find the opposite, my fleece tends to get thin and not work overtime, whereas the suedecloth does not, and I have never had a wicking/leaking issue with the exception of Wonder Works (my wonderoo's I have no trouble with), they have a longer "ruffle" around the legs and it tends to wick when it gets too wet.

SarahJane 06-03-2006 08:26 PM

Humm, I don't know what is going on. Thank you for everyone's ideas. It's so confusing sometimes. Just when I think I have the perfect combo we get leaks in 30 minutes!

Thank you!

a_cthelen 06-04-2006 12:59 AM

I've read on sites that suedecloth doesn't let liquid through as easily as fleece, but I don't have and suede, so...