Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Need a good OB in Arizona please? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1138830)

tirsalope 01-11-2011 10:08 PM

Need a good OB in Arizona please?

Hi,
I would like to find a good doctor for when I have my next child. I love to do things with a more "natural" approach and would like to find a doctor that is right for me. I would like to have a VBAC and not be forced to be induced or use pitocin to speed up labor. If anyone has any good recommendations please let me know. I live in the East Valley.
Thank you!

mom22boysand1girl 01-14-2011 03:51 PM

Re: Need a good OB in Arizona please?

I am in the East Valley too. I love Dr Eric Huish. He is wonderful and reall ylistens to you. I have had alot of friends do VBAC's and he is very supportive. He is on Higley and Baseline. I loved that he sat down and we could interview him in his office.
We live off of Gilbert and McKellips. Where are you?

aries416 01-15-2011 05:20 PM

My OB was VBAC supportive until 41 weeks, then he'll transfer you to a high-risk OB. He does not use pitocin. I saw Dr. Tamanaha from Contemporary Care for women on Greenfield/Guadalupe. I love him!

michiko 01-17-2011 04:02 PM

hahahahaha HI!!! :wave:

moonpuppyswifey 01-25-2011 09:36 PM

my BFF VBAC'd with Dr. Misty Johnson :) but she's in the west valley. GL!

Tina5834 01-27-2011 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom22boysand1girl
I am in the East Valley too. I love Dr Eric Huish. He is wonderful and reall ylistens to you. I have had alot of friends do VBAC's and he is very supportive. He is on Higley and Baseline. I loved that he sat down and we could interview him in his office.
We live off of Gilbert and McKellips. Where are you?

OMG! People actually use cloth diapers in Mesa?! I'm not alone! I'm at Country Club and University!

azdezmom 03-22-2011 05:35 PM

Dr.Farra Swan delivered DD at home. Her office is by Southern and 101. I believe she's also a professor at the Southwest Naturopathic College. We saw atleast 4 OB/GYNs while I was pregnant and she was the best/crunchiest! :lostit:

I don't know about VBACs but she'll consult with you for free. Our first consultation was more than an hour (and free!) and we just knew she was the one!

She's our ped now. :thumbsup:

wendic 04-20-2011 02:41 PM

I had a MW that delivered at Mercy Gilbert. I LOVED her so much! Even my mom who was not in the idea for a MW could not stop talking about her. Also I did a group setting where you go as a group for 2 hours instead of appointments which I loved since it was my first baby. Anyways there was a girl in there that had a VBAC naturally!
Also the office won't induce until 2 weeks AFTER your due date. That was a relief to me! And the MW lets you do anything. If you want an epidural go for it if you don't she's game. Also the doctor over her is Dr Kells. He is top 100 doc in Phoenix I believe and will do anything to keep you from having a C section or so I am told by the many storied told in our group. It was really assuring to me.

I seriously can not talk enough about Ramona and the experience I had!!!!

Here is there site:
http://www.drkells.com/

GL mamma!

yippiehippie 04-22-2011 07:08 AM

You could try the Center for True Harmony and Wellness, they are very natural and I think have just one OB. Though I have no personal experience, I used a HB MW

HeatherTM13 05-03-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaDeanette (Post 12147403)
OMG! People actually use cloth diapers in Mesa?! I'm not alone! I'm at Country Club and University!

Ha ha! I cloth diaper in Mesa, too :)

I had good luck with Dr. Tracey Peatross at Valley Women for Women - she specializes in high risk deliveries, and really took my opinions into consideration (unlike my last OBs)