Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2010 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   hair color.. what do you think? pic (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1141160)

flame_chick 01-15-2011 01:06 PM

hair color.. what do you think? pic

It never crossed my mind that my baby could have red hair!
Dh's grandfather had red hair, and I just found out that my great grandmother had red hair.
I've heard that eyelash color is a good indicator of permanent hair color.
Vincent has reddish eyebrows and eyelashes, soo I dunno, I cant wait to see what happens :)
what do you think?
anyone else have baby w red hair, or a child w red hair??
(hes bald-ish on the top w/ more hair around the sides and back, lol like an old man :P)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...ead6wksold.jpg

BookishMama 01-15-2011 01:09 PM

Re: hair color.. what do you think? pic

Coming from the red-haired mama of a red-haired son, I would say your wee boy is a redhead. That being said, we are still not sure about DD's hair color and she's 11 months old :giggle2: .

hmmclever 01-15-2011 01:35 PM

my sisters girls were all born with reddiesh hair, eyebrows and eyelashes and 3 out of the 4 of them I would have called red-head when they were babies (even up to a year, year and a half) then it kind of lightened up and now they have strawberry blond, dark blonde, and light blonde hair (the babies is still kind of red, but she's only 14 months and doesnt have much hair at all, so im guessing hers will lighten up as well)

laceyp30577 01-15-2011 02:10 PM

Yep, definitely a red head on your hands! I haven't got the slightest clue where my red curly headed DD came from. LOL But she had bright orange fuzz for the first 2 years and then boom! Now she is about to be 3 in 2 wks and she has a head full of bright red ringlets!:) DD#2 is 3 1/2 months old and we cant quite figure her out yet. She has Blond eyelashes on one eye, brown on the other. The sides of her head are blond, top is brown w/ a blond stripe (literally a STRIPE!) And red eyebrows. LOL So, for now I say she has calico hair.:giggle2:
Just to warn you....It's true what they say about redheads!:roflmbo:

MLB 01-15-2011 02:22 PM

Looks like a redhead to me but I'm not an expert. My son's hair went from red to strawberry blond and I'm sure it'll turn brown as he gets older like everyone else's. BUT I have to say OMG, HE IS SO CUTE!!!! I <3 your little redhead! :D

octoberblush 01-15-2011 02:48 PM

Both DH and I have red hair and when DD was born we were both like 'huh?!!?'... she had brown hair. :giggle: I got tons of 'milkman' jokes.

She's two months now and sometimes her hair looks blonde... red... or brown.. depends on the light.

But your sweet DS is definitely a red head.... he's so super cute! Congrats, mama!

BookishMama 01-15-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laceyp30577 (Post 12054153)
Yep, definitely a red head on your hands! I haven't got the slightest clue where my red curly headed DD came from. LOL But she had bright orange fuzz for the first 2 years and then boom! Now she is about to be 3 in 2 wks and she has a head full of bright red ringlets!:) DD#2 is 3 1/2 months old and we cant quite figure her out yet. She has Blond eyelashes on one eye, brown on the other. The sides of her head are blond, top is brown w/ a blond stripe (literally a STRIPE!) And red eyebrows. LOL So, for now I say she has calico hair.:giggle2:
Just to warn you....It's true what they say about redheads!:roflmbo:

We called DD's hair calico when she was a newborn. Her hair was brownish with blond highlights and she had blond eyebrows and red eyelashes.

Sorry to DDC crash, but I just love wee redheads :goodvibes: .

cupcakewright 01-15-2011 08:01 PM

looks red now, may not stay that way...but he may end up with a red beard someday :)

borncrunchy 01-15-2011 08:34 PM

My DH and I both have red hair and all 3 of my boys do too :giggle2: and my newbies hair looks similar to yours...

alishasmom 01-16-2011 11:29 AM

my DS#1 had redish hair, eyebrows/lashes at birth. all his hair fell out and came back very blonde :)