Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Your favorite Bisquick recipe? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114119)

ChoiceSoaps 03-16-2007 06:10 AM

Your favorite Bisquick recipe?

I usually don't buy baking mix, but I did one day while very tired and shopping. It's been sitting in my pantry every since. I want to use it up, and I'm not really in the mood for biscuits. What's your favorite Bisquick recipe?

momto2boysinOnt 03-16-2007 06:35 AM

Re: Your favorite Bisquick recipe?

My kids love the chicken veggie casserole from the recipe on the Bisquick box!

shell015 03-16-2007 06:49 AM

Sausage Balls

1lb cheese grated
1 short roll of sausge
4 cups of buisquick

Mix it all together... (you may want to put the sausage in the microwave for a min or two to make the oils start to come out so mixing is easier... Then form into balls... Put in the oven at 375 for 10 min and what comes out is my DH's addiction. :)

susnrob 03-16-2007 06:54 AM

My dh makes chicken and dumplings out of it. They're excellent and it is a pretty inexpensive meal!

jenncatsmeow 03-16-2007 07:02 AM

Impossible Cheesburger Pie......it's the best.

turtle2who 03-16-2007 02:55 PM

Our fave is chicken and dumplings too!

Just chop a bunch of potatoes, carrots and celery and a little onion, throw it in a pot with chicken broth and let it simmer while you clean and cut some chicken breast and make up the dumpling mixture (15 mins or so). Then dump in some frozen green beans. Once it starts boiling again dump in your chicken and once it boils again drop the dumplings on top. Make sure it is REALLY hot and boiling good when you drop the dumplings in- otherwise they can end up like big doughy lumps.

Great for a cold snowy day like we are having here!

ChoiceSoaps 03-16-2007 03:40 PM

Wow! Those all sounds easy and yummy! Do the sausage balls need any liquid in them? (Just want to make sure I don't flub it up! :giggle: )

I have some cooked turkey in the freezer so the dumplings and the chicken-veggie casserole should be a really quick and easy meal. I may try them both!

I just looked up the cheeseburger pie and it looks yummy too! I must be getting hungry! :lostit:

blessed with boys 03-16-2007 03:48 PM

I love the buttermilk pancake recipe (google it.) and I also love the chicken pot pie recipe.

KlutzyK 03-16-2007 05:15 PM

We always liked the impossible cheeseburger pie (recipe on the box and website), but then once I saw the recipe for the BBQ version. It's wonderful! All you do is add BBQ sauce (I forget how much) to the meat after browning and before baking.

YUMMM.

Mom2Gray 03-16-2007 05:23 PM

Impossible lasagna pie - DH's favorite!