Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone else have light positives? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11444)

PamG 06-04-2006 12:17 AM

Anyone else have light positives?

I tend to have really light positives on my pregnancy tests until I am about 6-7 weeks pregnant.

Does anyone else have this problem?

And if so, what tests have you found to give you an early dark positive?!

Pam

bobandjess99 06-04-2006 03:38 PM

Re: Anyone else have light positives?

I think that you must just be slow-to-produce HCG, LOL!!!

It's my understanding there are lots of women who have faint positives...I have evebn heard of women testing NEGATIVE when they are like 6-7 months pregnant!!LOL!!!

I think it is normal for some women.

I, on the other hand, had a DARK positive (darker than the control line, which my midwife had NEVER seen before, lol!) at 8 DPO!!! LOL!

bfoster2000 06-04-2006 08:41 PM

Try First Response! With my first pregnancy, I tested a couple of days before my period was due and got a very faint positive. I went the next morning to the doctor to confirm and their urine test showed nothing so they did a blood test. It was a VERY faint positive so they sent the blood off for an hCG count...it was only 50! I actually wound up losing that baby because I never produced enough hCG...but First Response picked it up. With DJ, I didn't do a HPT...my doc caught it before I noticed. This time, we weren't TTC but I know exactly when it happened (we were having problems so it was the only time we dtd!) My doc's office did a blood test about a week after that because they were doing bloodwork anyway. It was negative. I did a First Response test about 3 days later and again it was negative. Did another First Response 2 days later and it was clearly positive. Can't remember exactly when my last AF was or when I O'd but like I said, it was about 10-12 days after we "did it".

Oh and by the way, the reason I initially got the First Response test was because it was a couple of dollars cheaper than all the others!

hfitz5051 06-04-2006 09:08 PM

First response didn't do so good with me. I got the best on an Equate from walmart, still faint but the best I got, out of First response(2) and ept(2).

1boy1girl1bitty2 06-04-2006 10:02 PM

i have this issue too!! and am wondering the same thing

PamG 06-05-2006 09:56 AM

I have taken 2 First Response and negative.

But, I have taken several dollar store tests (New Choice) and they have been fainly, so faint, positive and when I took my last one it was the darkest yet, but still so very light.

I ordered some tests from online and really want to wait until they come in to test, but I really want to know as well if I am indeed pregnant.

I'm a test nut and test way too much when I think I'm pregnant!

Sometimes I wonder if ALL the dollar store tests that I have taken are just a bad batch and wrong!

Glad that I'm not the only one that has this problem.

I'm getting ready to return something and will get an Equate test at WalMart and see what that says.

Thanks

Pam

hauser 06-07-2006 07:59 AM

With my first child it started to turn while I was peeing on the stinking thing!!
With my second pregnancy it took the whole time to turn and even then you could barily see it. It was strange. Then I had a miscarriage two weeks later.
With my third it turned right away, but not as fast as my first.

I don't even know why I bothered to take the test I knew every time I was pregnant. Maybe I'm a freak?

Why do we all need to see the line?

zonapellucida 06-07-2006 08:33 AM

I do!!! I usually take about 10 tests before I actaully believe it. I lke the digital now--takes all the guess work out of it :)

1boy1girl1bitty2 06-07-2006 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfoster2000
Try First Response! With my first pregnancy, I tested a couple of days before my period was due and got a very faint positive. I went the next morning to the doctor to confirm and their urine test showed nothing so they did a blood test. It was a VERY faint positive so they sent the blood off for an hCG count...it was only 50! I actually wound up losing that baby because I never produced enough hCG...but First Response picked it up. With DJ, I didn't do a HPT...my doc caught it before I noticed. This time, we weren't TTC but I know exactly when it happened (we were having problems so it was the only time we dtd!) My doc's office did a blood test about a week after that because they were doing bloodwork anyway. It was negative. I did a First Response test about 3 days later and again it was negative. Did another First Response 2 days later and it was clearly positive. Can't remember exactly when my last AF was or when I O'd but like I said, it was about 10-12 days after we "did it".

Oh and by the way, the reason I initially got the First Response test was because it was a couple of dollars cheaper than all the others!

i have this same problem! i am waiting to poas and had early signs but not so much now it's a little disapointing

Zan 06-07-2006 05:24 PM

Yep, my 2 tests were both light and when I went to the drs the next day, my test there (I'm not sure exactly what they used but not a blood test) it was also 'light' but pregnant.

I think everyone's body reacts differently and if it's a line... it's a line. False postitives are not that common.