Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Anyone else have this problem? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11461)

MamaMel 06-04-2006 07:26 AM

Anyone else have this problem?

My little girl has a tiny waist but is long so she has a long rise. Like right now if I buy smalls they fit her waist (usually on the smallest setting) but the rise is to small. Like I just bought a cover and it fit her in the waist but it didn't fit in the rise the way I wanted it to. Am I the only one?

FitMommyOf2 06-04-2006 07:35 AM

Re: Anyone else have this problem?

I didn't have the prob w/my chunky :giggle: but I've read quite a few moms have the probs like you do. I'm sure you'll get more posts! :)

drenotdoctor 06-04-2006 07:47 AM

Yep, same prob here. Our faves are Beccabottoms, Harleyz, ans HH's. Any front snaps just do not work. for either of my kiddos. lol

redheadedangels 06-04-2006 10:09 AM

ME! I've got a very skinny girl! She is almost 20mths old and barely weighs 20lbs. Everything she wears is on the smallest setting. And most everything i have are mediums. But i'm finding the mediums fitteds are starting to get to small in the rise for her. I dont' have much luck with fitteds anyways. I always get really bad wing droop on almost all that we have tried. I have great luck with pockets though. Happy Heinys are the best fitting for us. But i don't like aplix much. FBs and FuzziFannies work great also for us. As do BG but i sold mine cause i needed some $$ :banghead: !
Anyways yes its hard to fit these skinny babes!! I have problems with clothes too! The waist is always too big for her on most things!

Minniebees 06-04-2006 10:20 AM

I have a similar problem, but both of my kids have very big thighs. They are skinny little kids (like my dd is 90% for height and less than 20% for weight), but they just carry all of their weight in their thighs. My ds has a 16 inch waist and 12 inch thighs, it's hard to get diapers that are big enough to fit over the legs, but small enough to fit around his waist, and yet still have a high enough rise to cover everything they need to cover. I have had good luck with VB AIO medium long size, if that helps.

9800Emily 06-04-2006 10:54 AM

My daughter is the same way. I really like size 1 FS Mutts, very baby med longs, and prefolds. There was about a two to three week period when nothing but prefolds would fit her. I also really like proraps. I can even fit a premium prefold under a small prorap. :thumbsup:

heather_c 06-04-2006 11:19 AM

If you like pockets, the Bum Genius are one size, so you can adjust the rise for long, and still velcro the waist small.

When your daughter gets a little bigger, the GAD medium longs should be great. We love them for our skinny boy.

kissum 06-04-2006 11:30 AM

Side-snaps! Bella has the same problems. I've pretty much gotten rid of all of my front snaps.

jodi5 06-04-2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2two
I have a similar problem, but both of my kids have very big thighs. They are skinny little kids (like my dd is 90% for height and less than 20% for weight), but they just carry all of their weight in their thighs. My ds has a 16 inch waist and 12 inch thighs, it's hard to get diapers that are big enough to fit over the legs, but small enough to fit around his waist, and yet still have a high enough rise to cover everything they need to cover. I have had good luck with VB AIO medium long size, if that helps.

Oh wow, my son has the same measurements. It is very difficult to find diapers that fit. I have gone to the kind without fasteners if I use fitteds so that I can adjust them more to fit him. Otherwise, I tend to use BSWW with prefolds, seem to give us the best fit. I also really like tootle shells.

Kels5kids 06-04-2006 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heather_c
If you like pockets, the Bum Genius are one size, so you can adjust the rise for long, and still velcro the waist small.

When your daughter gets a little bigger, the GAD medium longs should be great. We love them for our skinny boy.

This is my main reason for ordering them.