Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work out of Home Moms (WOHM) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   What is your Daycare diaper? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1147336)

gaia06 01-25-2011 08:23 AM

What is your Daycare diaper?

So I know what works for us at home, but I'm trying to figure out what the best daycare-friendly diaper is to make things easy for our DCP who has agreed to do cloth with our newest little one...what have you found works best for daycare to make things easy for them?

doodah 01-25-2011 09:19 AM

Re: What is your Daycare diaper?

One of my daycare girls brings BG OS AIOs and those are very daycare friendly. I personally would go with AIOs or pre-stuffed pockets. Whatever you choose, its easiest to have enough of the same kind. I wouldn't do prefolds or flats....even fitteds with a cover are really confusing for someone who is unfamiliar with CDing.

nakedbabytoes 01-25-2011 09:25 AM

I always find this convo interesting. I don't feel we have a say in how you choose to diaper your children.
When I started out 10 years ago, my second family CDd and did chinese prefolds, pins, & plastic pants. Wasn't no big thing to me.
My own youngest was in fitteds with woolies or microfiber covers. I never have tried an AIO or G-dipes. I think you get used to whatever you are given. I wouldn't do a seperate stash for DC myself. I don't have that much money!

kanga1622 01-25-2011 11:23 AM

We use only FB OS. Same thing we use at home. We do pre-stuff and we've had no problems in the 5+ months DS has been at daycare.

msuk2girl 01-25-2011 11:32 AM

BG 3.0s and other aplix pockets. I would do all snaps if it were jsut me, but I thought aplix would be easier.

amzasmommy 01-25-2011 11:43 AM

i use pockets and stuff them ahead of time for them

Lanasmom 01-25-2011 12:44 PM

I'm another pockets user. At one time I had a bunch of fitteds and covers and just a couple of pockets. I sent the pockets one day and my DC provider LOVED them. I feel like she is doing me a favor by agreeing to CD my kids (most people look at me like I have 3 heads) so I sold my fitteds and went to an all pockets stash. We have snap and velcro. DCP doesn't care which ones. Its easier when I have 2 in diapers to have a streamlined one system stash!

Lovinmama3 01-25-2011 02:53 PM

For a daycare provider that isn't use to cloth I'd send AIOs or pockets that are prestuffed. BUT, if your provider is fine using whatever then just show her how to use whatever you have ask her to give you feedback. If she is confused with prefolds/fitteds then maybe look into another system for daycare. My provider said she would use whatever we wanted her to, but since we use AIOs at home it was no bigger to send them to daycare too.
When my son first went to daycare at 3mo I sent aplix size BG AIOs. Then after he outgrown the smalls I sent snap BG organics. My provider has gotten use to cloth and is fine with the snaps.

aunt_freya 01-25-2011 04:43 PM

Pockets, primarily Kawaii's, but we have brought her over to the dark side with fitteds... she can't help but agree that they are more absorbent & better for nap time!!:giggle: Next up? Wool! Mwahhaha!

Dolphin_Medic 01-25-2011 04:55 PM

We always used pockets that I stuffed for them or AIOs...the only difference between their handling of them and the disposables was mine went in a bag instead of the trash. I separated it all out when we got home.

That really was the easiest IMO.

We used Thirsties AIOs and BGOSs