Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In May (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   High risk now :( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1149037)

*Amy* 01-27-2011 04:55 PM

High risk now :(

My OB has decided that my pregnancy is now "high risk" due to my never ending pre-term contractions. He wants me to "take it easy" and do as little as possible. If it gets any worse I may need medication/bed rest. It's really hard to "take it easy" when I have so much to do. :( Especially when I have a 2 year old the size of a 4 year old who I shouldn't be picking up. He is also concerned about her size. At my U/S on the 3rd she was measuring behind and has measured ahead until that point. My uterus is measuring ahead now (they did not measure it at my U/S appointment) and we are hoping that she had a growth spurt and caught up. I have an ultrasound on the 22nd to check her growth. This is all new to me because I had a pretty uncomplicated pregnancy with my son. I am just hoping to not be put on bedrest because I would have to go from 12 hours of school to 6 since two of my classes are at the campus.

starsandlollipops 01-27-2011 05:03 PM

Re: High risk now :(

:hugs: Hopefully at your next check up, things will look better. Just try to stay off your feet as much as you can.. I know that's so much harder to do, than say.

Mama4Ways 01-27-2011 05:15 PM

:hugs: Mama!

At least you are being monitored closely--but sheesh. "Take it easy" is so much easier said than done.

Hang in there!

*Amy* 01-27-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama4Ways (Post 12152919)
:hugs: Mama!

At least you are being monitored closely--but sheesh. "Take it easy" is so much easier said than done.

Hang in there!

I think it's only possible if you DON'T have other kids.. or an extremely helpful husband (I love my DH but helpful would be a stretch :mrgreen:)

Thanks for the support mamas! I hope it gets better.

MomToMyMonkeys 01-27-2011 05:43 PM

My OB told me that when I was pregnant with Rebekah and Caleb was 11 months old and not walking yet. Yup, that was fun. But, we got through it and went on to have a healthy happy baby.

:hugs: mama!

jacobsmommy924 01-27-2011 05:52 PM

:hugs: Taking it easy is sooo much easier when you don't have any other little ones to take care of.

Hope everything works out at your next appointment. I'm having "baby measurement issues" too...

mich*mommy 01-27-2011 07:14 PM

Awww, :hugs: Amy!!!! Wish I were closer - I'd be happy to help you out!

MamaSarahMay 01-27-2011 07:58 PM

:( Amy so sorry. It's hard to take it easy when you have a little one to take care of. Do you have any family that could help at all?

luvnmyfamily 01-28-2011 05:49 AM

Awe, mama! I'm in the boat with you! Although I haven't been declared high risk, I am on partial bedrest already. I too have tons of contrations. I am to put my feet up in the reclyner after being up for 30 min. Drink at least 100 oz water per day. Not pick up DS unledd I have to (he's 14 months). No vacuuming, sweeping or mopping the floor.... Just don't let it stress you because that's not good for the LO! Each and everyone of us grows and develops at our own pace, and she's probably just fine!

sh0rtchica 01-28-2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Amy* (Post 12152927)
I think it's only possible if you DON'T have other kids.. or an extremely helpful husband (I love my DH but helpful would be a stretch :mrgreen:)

Thanks for the support mamas! I hope it gets better.

:hugs: i'm so sorry mama! i totally understand, i can't even IMAGINE what i would do if i had to "take it easy." i HAVE to work right now and my boss is the most inflexible person on the planet. and my DH sounds like yours. good luck and i hope things calm down enough.