Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In May (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Spotting? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1150769)

blondeviolin 01-30-2011 07:20 PM

Spotting?

I just went to the bathroom and noticed some red streaks in my underwear. I have felt movement tonight and there was no red when I wiped. I'm inclined to wait and see, but my only experience with spotting in pregnancy is with first trimester miscarriages. I'm 23 weeks.

Should I call or just wait it out? My next appointment is on Tuesday but we are slated for a massive storm early that morning so I'm guessing it'll be rescheduled.

MamaLovesBaby 01-30-2011 07:21 PM

Re: Spotting?

Schedule an appointment or call immediately. It may be nothing, but call just in case.

pieceofjess 01-30-2011 07:29 PM

Trust your instinct!
If it tells you to call or go to the ER, do it!
Hope everything is alright!

watermelon 01-30-2011 07:58 PM

Everything is probably fine, but I would call immediately just to be sure. :hugs:

mrseum 01-30-2011 08:02 PM

did you recently have sex?? anything can irritate your cervix at this point. But if you didn't; I'm not sure what i'd do. If I was having a lot of contrax, I'd go in. If not and baby has been fine; I'd probably just call and see what they suggest.

blondeviolin 01-30-2011 08:12 PM

So I called...and the lady said she can't tell me much over the phone. :banghead: It's not a lot, so I'm thinking I will watch it overnight and call in the morning. I did read that spotting can be a result of yeast infections, which is what I've been dealing with. Baby is still moving... so I guess I'm taking the wait-and-see approach...

blondeviolin 01-30-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrseum (Post 12174691)
did you recently have sex?? anything can irritate your cervix at this point. But if you didn't; I'm not sure what i'd do. If I was having a lot of contrax, I'd go in. If not and baby has been fine; I'd probably just call and see what they suggest.

No sex recently... Just didn't even want to deal with it with the yeast infection. Poor hubby. :giggle:

luvnmyfamily 01-31-2011 10:09 AM

My OB says that the only bleeding she needs to know about is if it's saturating a pad in 2 hours. Every OB is different, so I would just call, the nurse should be able to tell you.

meganne79 01-31-2011 10:16 AM

Glad you called mama but if you get concerned, call someone else! Obviously they can't tell over the phone, sounds like she was blowing you off a bit. Hope all stays well and you have no more spotting!

Oh, are you one of the many of us that has a previa? If so, could just be that.

mich*mommy 01-31-2011 10:26 AM

Could be cervical irritation. If you have more, I'd def. get an appointment. Better safe than sorry, KWIM? And you're already paying for the OB's services - this is what they are here for. ;)