Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2010 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   JuneBugs - Valentine's Chat Thread! (February) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1151783)

canadianbakers 02-01-2011 12:20 PM

JuneBugs - Valentine's Chat Thread! (February)

:wave:
Another month - our Junebugs are coming up on 8 months old (some all ready are!) :thud:

bluedaisyma 02-01-2011 01:22 PM

Re: JuneBugs - Valentine's Chat Thread! (February)

dang it, I forgot, lol.
Kailani is 8 months today! He has noticed the other side of the family room and opens the xbox, pushes the dvd and dvr box around, etc. he also likes to smack the tv, lol.
I forgot to say, he almost choked the other day! I had out on Valentines stuff to put up and he immed grabbed at the garland (it was like small mylar hearts on twisty wire) and started shaking it so I didn't pay attention. Then he started coughing. I grabbed him and finally (!) fished out a heart that was perfect "block the airway" size. I had run him upstairs to get DH to help and then as soon as I fished it out of his mouth, he looked at us and put another one in his mouth! I didn't even see that he had one in his hand :(. So I threw the whole strand outside.

Oh and I ended up getting the IKEA high chair. None of the clip-ons would fit and he got his arm caught more than once on his old one :cry: Since it slides up and down, there was room between the legs and the seat, so he would get stuck. I love the ikea one. I was gonna get one of the wooden restaurant ones, but this is really easy- spray down- and its footprint is smaller than the one we had, it not only goes up to the table, but slides under :thumbsup:

JKLmama 02-01-2011 01:40 PM

I read back in the Jan thread... IDK what my problem is with them on my back. They don't lean back at all and I keep the Ergo nice and snug I just need to get used to it I guess... I am still thinking about getting a wrap like a Diddy or something

Anyway Joah is doing much better We went to the doc yesterday and he still sounds pretty junky in his lungs but much better then before He said it may take a little over 2 weeks to completely get over it.
I had the Doctor check out Khloe's right eye as a second opinion (it wasn't our normal doc) My mom has noticed in some pics that Khloe looks like she is very very slightly having some pulling in her right eye. I don't really see it and neither did our regular doc but this doc did. So we are going to be seeing the Eye doc in the next few weeks :pray: she doesn't have to have the surgery he was talking about but if she does it will be for the best to fix the problem really early. :cry:

canadianbakers 02-01-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedaisyma (Post 12187780)
dang it, I forgot, lol.
Kailani is 8 months today! He has noticed the other side of the family room and opens the xbox, pushes the dvd and dvr box around, etc. he also likes to smack the tv, lol.
I forgot to say, he almost choked the other day! I had out on Valentines stuff to put up and he immed grabbed at the garland (it was like small mylar hearts on twisty wire) and started shaking it so I didn't pay attention. Then he started coughing. I grabbed him and finally (!) fished out a heart that was perfect "block the airway" size. I had run him upstairs to get DH to help and then as soon as I fished it out of his mouth, he looked at us and put another one in his mouth! I didn't even see that he had one in his hand :(. So I threw the whole strand outside.

Oh and I ended up getting the IKEA high chair. None of the clip-ons would fit and he got his arm caught more than once on his old one :cry: Since it slides up and down, there was room between the legs and the seat, so he would get stuck. I love the ikea one. I was gonna get one of the wooden restaurant ones, but this is really easy- spray down- and its footprint is smaller than the one we had, it not only goes up to the table, but slides under :thumbsup:

OMGoodness! Thank heavens you were there to hear him coughing! Yikes.
link/pics of the high chair? We're still just using the seat of our high chair on a kitchen chair at the table. It works for us. I would like to get a new seat cover for it - we've only got the back/top half left of this one, lol. I'd love to have a couple cloth ones, actually, but I'm not sure where I'd get them made.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKLmama (Post 12187978)

I read back in the Jan thread... IDK what my problem is with them on my back. They don't lean back at all and I keep the Ergo nice and snug I just need to get used to it I guess... I am still thinking about getting a wrap like a Diddy or something

Anyway Joah is doing much better We went to the doc yesterday and he still sounds pretty junky in his lungs but much better then before He said it may take a little over 2 weeks to completely get over it.
I had the Doctor check out Khloe's right eye as a second opinion (it wasn't our normal doc) My mom has noticed in some pics that Khloe looks like she is very very slightly having some pulling in her right eye. I don't really see it and neither did our regular doc but this doc did. So we are going to be seeing the Eye doc in the next few weeks :pray: she doesn't have to have the surgery he was talking about but if she does it will be for the best to fix the problem really early. :cry:

I bet if you kept trying them on your back you'd get used to it - maybe checking in a mirror every few minutes, for the first bit, would help? I do like to walk by our bedroom mirror every once in a while with Levi on my back - to make sure he's in there correctly and well, and also just because he thinks it's funny to be on my back but see me in the mirror, lol.

:hugs: Glad to hear Joah's on the mend! Sorry about Khloe's eye - I hope it's nothing, or at least doesn't require anything more than glasses or something simple, no surgery. But either way, it's good that you were able to catch it this early.

AFM: Levi was trying (not!) to fall asleep on me and I started rubbing his little feet and he dozed off. Then I remembered how he would push his feet out on my right side, right below my ribs, when I was pregnant. He loved having his feet rubbed then, too. :wub:
(FTR, I have baby fever again, lol. I said something to DH, he now has been saying "You know, if you want to get pregnant we need to do something more than read or watch a movie after the kids are in bed!" :giggle: I take that as he's not totally against more wee ones, lol.

bluedaisyma 02-01-2011 03:24 PM

amanda, my stepdad asked us how long kailani's eye had been turning in. i don't notice it too much but if i take him for a 9 mo check up, i will ask the ped.

elena here is the one:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30069724
but they only had red, which is fine!
action shots last night:
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/s...azar/037-2.jpg
http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/s...azar/021-4.jpg

solarbabies 02-01-2011 06:30 PM

Hey mamas :wave: I read all the time but never reply because I hate :nak:

Fire dept has got us busy! We both started the emt class. It is going to be a lot but I am excited. Addi can go to class with us :)

Addi is sick :cry: She has never been sick before but she has had a fever the past 3 days and this morning she woke up crying around 4am. This is the baby who has slept through the night since she was 6 weeks old :( She is so stuffy she has to breath out of her mouth and her fever is back again. she was 100.2 this morning. We are waiting till bedtime to give her Tylenol tonight.

I have a beco 4th gen :lostit: One of our old mamas sent it to me. I love it and so far Addi likes it even though she has to face in :) We also got a great deal on that Piccolo on TBW. That i incredibly comfy :) So we are set with carriers for now...unless we can work out this ergo for a gemini carrier trade :thumbsup:

tamarag 02-01-2011 06:37 PM

I love that high chair. We just have the space saver high chair. Cooper sat in it when we were at ikea and it really fits him perfectly! We eat at our kitchen island which is tall like a bar. So it wouldn't work. :cry:

Shannon :lostit: I am so glad you got those carriers! Awesome ones too! I still have my eye on the 4th gen here but dont want to spend the $110!

I made chicken sour cream enchiladas today and boy was it a pita! Won't be making it again for awhile!

Alright I will bbl

bluedaisyma 02-01-2011 07:13 PM

Shannon, pics of the carriers (with you and addi modeling, of course)!! That's awesome, you already have a variety of carriers now! If you can't trade the ergo, you might like it later. Esp since you have the other 2.

Sorry Addi is sick. 100.2 isn't bad, though (you are taking it rectally, right?). Her body is fighting the cold, so the fever is doing it's job. She looks so pitiful on FB tho :(

solarbabies 02-01-2011 07:25 PM

took these the other day when it came :) Just excuse my frumpy self. Does it look good? It is comfy like that just not sure I am doing it right. This is the beco...no pics of the piccolo. I love the beco!

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...9a3295ceba.jpg

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...42c7e225e9.jpg

And yes, that is rectal temp. She is in bed now. It's only 7:30 and she is just out. I think it will be a long night though. She can't breath out of her nose at all :( and now I can feel the gunk in her lungs when I put my hand on her back.

VibrantBlue 02-02-2011 07:10 AM

Hi everyone :cowwave:
I've been reading lots, but DS is acting really slow for me and taking forever to load pages, so I don't often post.

Violet will be 8 months tomorrow! I can't believe it has gone so quickly! My parents are coming to visit this weekend, so I'm trying to get everything in order. Still chugging along renovations and classes, so it's pretty boring around here.