Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   My friend just had her baby at 30weeks (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115294)

LuAnn 03-18-2007 12:08 PM

My friend just had her baby at 30weeks

and WOW what a miracle baby she is:) Baby will be a week old on Monday and is doing AWSOME for being so early.....Its been a hard couple of weeks for me, as I haven't been able to be there and she was there for me when I had ds at 34weeks. We moved about 2 yrs ago and there was no way I could get back there right now for her:( I just had to share at 2lbs 8oz and 15 3/4 inches long that baby is breathing on her own and even eating already...things are going great, the only major problem is that she can;t keep her body temp up,but hey all in all shes doing GREAT, and Im so happy for the parents.

Thanks for reading and please keep them in your prayers that Izabella continues to do so good.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 03-18-2007 12:13 PM

Re: My friend just had her baby at 30weeks

i'm so happy to hear the baby is doing so great! Thats awesome! My thoughts and prayers are with the baby and family that she continues to grow and get better and go home quickly:goodvibes:

zonapellucida 03-18-2007 06:22 PM

i ewill be thinking/praying...

bfoster2000 03-18-2007 08:14 PM

that's awesome that she's doing so well! Try to read up on kangaroo care if you're not already familiar with it and make sure the nurses are letting your friend hold her baby instead of keeping her under the lights all the time. When DJ was born I was about ready to smack the nurses because they seemed surprised that he had trouble staying warm when they laid him out naked on a table! I'll definitely keep them in my prayers...it's amazing what NICU's can do these days...I saw on the news the other day that a baby was going home from the hospital (FL I think) after being born at 21 weeks and weighing only 10 ounces at birth!

milehighmonkeys 03-18-2007 11:06 PM

Agreed about the Kangaroo Care!! Soooo important! We also had a 30 weeker and I really think the contact helped her get stronger faster. Some hospitals are not as on the ball about this kind of stuff.

jessicap 03-18-2007 11:24 PM

:agreed: I had 2 34 weekers, both of my boys were just over 3 pounds each...that is awesome that she is already eating. my first boy took almost 2 weeks to eat, and my second son was eating right away as well. But I wanted to say about the body temp thing, I was able to help landyn get his temp regulated by a lot of kangaroo care, I sat by his bedside almost the whole 24 hours every day he was there for the 14 days he was in...now I took him home at 3 # 11 oz, so it is totally possible that this babe is going to start regulating her temp real soon, especially with warmer weather on the way...but the kangaroo care actually does their body temp better than the incubator....

~Stephanie~ 03-19-2007 06:05 AM

That's wonderful that she is doing so well! :hugs:

fawnlovesjasper 03-19-2007 06:52 AM

Wow... what an amazing little girl! My prayers are with her!

jax 03-19-2007 11:50 AM

great news! Will keep them in my thoughts!

kannondicarpo 03-19-2007 11:53 AM

It's so good to hear that she is doing well. Prayers for her and the family.