Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   bloody show? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1155955)

BNC 02-08-2011 09:47 AM

bloody show?

What isbloody show like? Bright red? brownish? Lots of discharge? No discharge?

Dh and I dtd last night and this am I have lots of discharge (thick and goopy....sorry!:blush:) and tinged with blood. i dont normally bleed after DTD while PG (this would be the first throughout all 3 pregnancies), but honestly it has been at least a month since the last time we DTD, so it wasnt quite so far into my pregnancy (I am 40w and like 2-3 days? according to my adjusted due date and 41w3 days according to my LMP).

The baby isnt engaged at all, but she is *slightly* lower than she was a few days ago. No contractions, but mild cramping.

so just curious what bloody show was like for you? I never experienced it with my other 2 (kate was an induction and I just never got any with kara).

mrseum 02-08-2011 10:05 AM

Re: bloody show?

Mine was brown/red but not too red. But, I wasn't expecting it, so when I told my midwife she told me to come in. (I had already been in labor for 5 hours at that point.) silly me to have been concerned; I think I had completely forgot the term bloody show! lol. OH, and DS wasn't Engaged either; or at least I never felt him drop.
IDK, mild cramping and contractions can be pretty similar. I'd take a bath and see if it stops. Otherwise if not, you might be good to go! ;) Good luck mama!

BNC 02-08-2011 11:20 AM

well, I have been having a bit of blood since about 6am this morning. Not much, but just a bit when i wipe and a tiny bit on my undies. I dont think that is from DTD, since it has continued?

this_mel_rocks 02-08-2011 11:23 AM

Sounds like your plug or man juice mixed with some blood due to cervical irritation. I would go for nice walk, take and bath and rest.

BNC 02-08-2011 11:31 AM

I would love to go for a walk, take a bath and rest...but its not gonna happen, lol! Dh wont be home until about 7 tonight, and its just me and the girls.

JennTheMomma 02-08-2011 12:16 PM

I only had that with ds1 and it was my mucous plug with some blood in it. The blood was pink and bright red, but it wasn't a lot, just a little bit on the toilet paper. I believe it can be all shades, but if it's a lot I'd call the Dr./Mw.

TofuScramble 02-08-2011 04:14 PM

Sounds like a plug... :D good luck!

Jacksmom716 02-08-2011 04:19 PM

I had that too, it last almost 2 weeks. I went to the midwife, she said it wasn't a mucous plug or bloody show, just a little mucous leaving and nothing to be concerned about. It lasted 2 weeks, and then DS was born 2 weeks AFTER it stopped!! (3 days late). Even after my plug came out, my water broke, and I had been in labor for 16 hours, I still wasn't engaged....DS DID NOT want to come out! He finally got in the position 5 minutes before he was born LOL

momof_3 02-08-2011 05:26 PM

If it's not too heavy then it's probably just your mucus plug. However if it's more than light spotting I would call your Dr/CNM and let them know just to be sure. When I lost mine for my first DD it was really pink and white and thick like snot. Gross but that's the best way I could describe it. LOL!

tygr2410 02-08-2011 06:11 PM

Sounds like plug :)