Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Having a really hard time with pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1156094)

MamaWillow 02-08-2011 01:00 PM

Having a really hard time with pregnancy
 
This is like one big complaint, I apologize but I need to get it out. Sorry for being so negative....

Pg is always hard on me. I'm not one of those happy, energetic pg ladies who is glowing the whole time...I look like crap and I have NO energy. My main concern about having one more kid was that I would have to be pg again. The first few months weren't really all that bad, I had very little nausea, and while I was exhausted (to be expected) it seemed to fly by since I have a 2yo to keep me busy. Now since x-mas it has been dragging on. The weeks seem to take forever and I am feeling like I don't know if I can make it through....and I'm only 23 weeks!

My back: This is my main issue. It has been hurting pretty much since I found out I was pg. My sacrum feels like it is splitting apart, it hurts a lot. My hips hurt, my butt, everything that's attached to my pelvis.Walking makes it worse, vacuuming ruins me for the whole day, bending over, and picking up DS are all painful. I can wake up in the AM and it's pretty much okay, but 2 hours later all I can do is sit. It really really sucks to have it hurting all the time. It makes me crabby too, I think. I've been going to a great chiro since x-mas and I think I would seriously be unable to walk if not for her, but it doesn't help as much as I need it to.

GD: I've been diagnosed with GD which is turning out to be a big PITA. I have to eat so frequently, and since I have a wheat allergy it gets kinda hard to make up stuff to eat and fulfill my carb requirements. I have to remember to take my blood sugar 1 hour after I eat and when I wake up (4x a day). I HAVE to get exercise every single day, or else my sugar goes up. I can't walk so we bought an elliptical machine which is great, but since my back hurts I have to talk myself into using it every day and work through the pain. It's okay while I'm doing it but I guess my back gets tired and after exercise it hurts even more. I'm so early on that I worry it will get harder and harder to control as I get bigger...already my sugar is getting a little higher than it was even a week ago.

Tired: I am so freakin tired all the time. I am trying to get more sleep, which seems to help for the first part of the morning, but here I am at 11am just wiped out from breakfast, a shower, getting DD ready and taking her to school, and a quick trip to the store. I gravitate toward the couch because I just feel like I need to sink into something cozy all the time. I feel on the verge of tears all day and I don't know if it's because I'm tired, pg, both or what. DH forgot to buy eggs at the store the other night and yesterday morning I almost cried because we didn't have any eggs. I feel the most awful after breakfast, like I can barely do anything. After I eat I have to migrate to the couch again for a little while because I can't function. Same as the shower, it takes every ounce of energy from me, I feel like crap after taking one (I've started only showering a few times a week because of this).

Dizzy: I don't know if that's what I would call it, but it started a few days ago. I feel like I'm on a boat, just kind of off. It's weird, it makes me nervous too.

Depressed?: Again, not sure if this is what I would call it, but I think this combo of feeling like crap all the time makes me really bummed out. I am never much of a friend gal (have friends and see them not that often) but lately I just don't have any motivation to be around people. I'm always a homebody but it's gotten worse. In general I feel better if I do nothing, worse if I do anything. So I gravitate toward the nothing side of things to preserve what little energy I have. I can barely keep up with the kids and all of MY stuff that is mandatory (exercise and frequent, planned meals) and on top of that I have a household to keep livable at least.

I'm just having a hard time. I hate to be a complainer so I really haven't mentioned much of this to anyone but DH. He is being really great and taking over a lot of house stuff, but he's also in a grad program and working so I don't think it's fair to expect him to do that much.

Thanks for listening if you've gotten this far...

staceyroo77 02-08-2011 01:06 PM

Re: Having a really hard time with pregnancy
 
:bighug: I could have wrote this exact same post! I was just :cry: a few minutes ago, after washing the dishes, put the diapers away, pulling stickers off of furniture, etc. Plus, I want to try to sew, but DD#3 has a cold and is super clingy. I also have GD and I'm on insulin and have been since the beginning of the pregnancy. This is my third time w/ GD and I'm really over it ATM. I'm going to take a 2hr GTT postpartum to see if I'm actually diabetic. I'm sure I could go on and on, PM me if you want to chat.

staceyroo77 02-08-2011 01:13 PM

Re: Having a really hard time with pregnancy
 
Oh, and I forgot to mention, I have sciatica too, and heartburn, and pelvic pressure/pain. I haven't tried a chiropractor, thought about it, need to see if insurance would cover any of it. With the cost of GD, I don't know if I afford a chiropractor. Just the past few days my stomach has been hurting. I guess I don't have as much room for food or something. I have a hard time figuring out what foods to eat, never really want to eat, except dinner. I usually despise snack time. UGH. Oh, so how often are you doctors appointments? I'm going every two weeks to MFM for my GD and have been since the beginning, that's wearing me down. Now, I've just been told I have to go to my regular OB every two weeks two instead of once a month. That puts me once a week alternating between the two practices.

jessc82 02-08-2011 02:28 PM

Re: Having a really hard time with pregnancy
 
I feel for you mama! :hugs:

I would totally recommend finding a chiropractor. I see one weekly because my body makes too much relaxin during pregnancy and my hip completely refuses to stay in place. I ended up on bed rest during my last pregnancy because of it. So far, I've been seeing the chiro weekly this pg and although, I'm in pain, I can still walk.

The initial fee for a chiro can be pricey, but the weekly visits usually aren't too much and they are often willing to work with people who don't have insurance.

MamaWillow 02-08-2011 04:05 PM

Re: Having a really hard time with pregnancy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by staceyroo77 (Post 12243106)
Oh, and I forgot to mention, I have sciatica too, and heartburn, and pelvic pressure/pain. I haven't tried a chiropractor, thought about it, need to see if insurance would cover any of it. With the cost of GD, I don't know if I afford a chiropractor. Just the past few days my stomach has been hurting. I guess I don't have as much room for food or something. I have a hard time figuring out what foods to eat, never really want to eat, except dinner. I usually despise snack time. UGH. Oh, so how often are you doctors appointments? I'm going every two weeks to MFM for my GD and have been since the beginning, that's wearing me down. Now, I've just been told I have to go to my regular OB every two weeks two instead of once a month. That puts me once a week alternating between the two practices.

Oh mama we are in the same boat! But you've got 3 kids to take care of instead of just two. I feel like a real complainer...
I've been having trouble eating enough as well; the diet they have me on is a lot more carbs than I am used to (I used to eat very low carb) but I guess it's helping keep my fasting sugar lower. As for a chiro, check your insurance because some will cover it. Mine supposedly does but I just got a huge bill from the chiro for stuff ins wouldn't cover, and I think it would have cost me less to pay OOP rather than my co-pay plus all this that they wouldn't cover. Oh well. It's totally worth it, IMO. I would not be able to walk if I wasn't doing it. :hugs: to you too...this is a drag!

I just realized we are due a few days apart!

MamaWillow 02-08-2011 04:07 PM

Re: Having a really hard time with pregnancy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jessc82 (Post 12243862)
I feel for you mama! :hugs:

I would totally recommend finding a chiropractor. I see one weekly because my body makes too much relaxin during pregnancy and my hip completely refuses to stay in place. I ended up on bed rest during my last pregnancy because of it. So far, I've been seeing the chiro weekly this pg and although, I'm in pain, I can still walk.

The initial fee for a chiro can be pricey, but the weekly visits usually aren't too much and they are often willing to work with people who don't have insurance.

I am seeing a chiro every two weeks. Weekly would probably be better, but I'm not sure we have the extra $200 a month for that! i think I would probably be on bedrest right now if I hadn't started seeing my chiro. By the end of the day I am basically limping around trying to find ways to not get up, or making strategies in my head for taking the fewest steps. :yuck:

moley 02-08-2011 05:37 PM

Re: Having a really hard time with pregnancy
 
Have you had any blood work done recently to see if maybe you are iron defient or if your thyroid levels are were they need to be??? the being tired, dizzy, emotional depressed thing makes me wonder if something else is going on ???? Maybe it is something to talk with doctor or mw about the next time you see them???

Mirasmom 02-08-2011 05:56 PM

Re: Having a really hard time with pregnancy
 
Yes, I totally get this. I am not a nice person when I'm pregnant. I make DH miserable with how short I am all the time. I don't ever want to be around anyone. I hate it. It's a means to an end for me. Sure, I think feeling the baby move is fun and exciting, but it in no way outweighs the awfulness of how I feel for 10 months. I really really want 4 kids, but I'm worried that if I make DH go through another pregnancy we might even get divorced- yes it's that bad. I may have to decide 3 is enough. :( :hugs: mama- I totally get it.

staceyroo77 02-08-2011 06:14 PM

Re: Having a really hard time with pregnancy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaWillow (Post 12244698)
Oh mama we are in the same boat! But you've got 3 kids to take care of instead of just two. I feel like a real complainer...
I've been having trouble eating enough as well; the diet they have me on is a lot more carbs than I am used to (I used to eat very low carb) but I guess it's helping keep my fasting sugar lower. As for a chiro, check your insurance because some will cover it. Mine supposedly does but I just got a huge bill from the chiro for stuff ins wouldn't cover, and I think it would have cost me less to pay OOP rather than my co-pay plus all this that they wouldn't cover. Oh well. It's totally worth it, IMO. I would not be able to walk if I wasn't doing it. :hugs: to you too...this is a drag!

I just realized we are due a few days apart!

DD#1 goes to school now, so most of the day I have two. I kinda feel bad though b/c I wanted to home school, but I was so nauseous at the beginning I just wasn't doing anything with her for school. DH and I finally decided that we should send her to school. I am glad that she really enjoys it, and has a good teacher.
I think I will look into seeing a chiropractor, just got to make myself actually check into it though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by moley (Post 12245354)
Have you had any blood work done recently to see if maybe you are iron defient or if your thyroid levels are were they need to be??? the being tired, dizzy, emotional depressed thing makes me wonder if something else is going on ???? Maybe it is something to talk with doctor or mw about the next time you see them???

I think this is a good idea. I actually have hypothyroid, but I haven't need to adjust my thyroid medicine so far, my levels have been good. My iron levels were slightly low. I just started taking some extra iron. I get blood were at least every month, and with seeing the high risk docs and my regular OB, it sometimes end up being more often than once a month.

Jennybee 02-09-2011 02:13 PM

Re: Having a really hard time with pregnancy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaWillow (Post 12244714)
I am seeing a chiro every two weeks. Weekly would probably be better, but I'm not sure we have the extra $200 a month for that! i think I would probably be on bedrest right now if I hadn't started seeing my chiro. By the end of the day I am basically limping around trying to find ways to not get up, or making strategies in my head for taking the fewest steps. :yuck:

$200?!?! How much does your chiro charge for an adjustment? Mine is only $30 and he is fantastic! I'd also say find a massage therapist that is trained/specializes in prenatal massage. (maybe I'm biased because I am a MT:giggle:) My last pregnancy was horrid and painful, but this time I've been getting regular massages and it has made a world of difference. Just my :2cents:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors