Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Uterine Rupture after successful VBAC ? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1156548)

hmmclever 02-09-2011 09:12 AM

Uterine Rupture after successful VBAC ?

Hey Ladies, I've tried to look some stuff up on my own, but havent come up with much of anything. I had a successful VBAC with my daughter in Dec. 09 after 1 c-section with my son. I am pregnant with #3 and am having so much pressure, weird pains and they seem to be right where my c-section scar is, SO my question is have you read about/known/experienced a uterine rupture during a pregnancy/labor AFTER already having a successful VBAC?

Mamatoabunch 02-09-2011 10:27 AM

Re: Uterine Rupture after successful VBAC ?

I have not, but it is normal to have pain or discomfort from adhesions even if you have had a VBAC since your primary c/s. You can rub epo on the scar to help break them up.

miraclebaby 02-09-2011 11:03 AM

If you were having uterine tearing it would be unimaginable pain and excessive bleeding. I agree with PP its proby scar tissue stretching :)

FernHollow 02-09-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch (Post 12249790)
I have not, but it is normal to have pain or discomfort from adhesions even if you have had a VBAC since your primary c/s. You can rub epo on the scar to help break them up.

I agree. I had a lot of discomfort (especially in the 2nd trimester) in my last pregancy. I had expressed concern to my midwife who has done LOTS of VBACs and she said it was totally normal and to be expected as the scar tissue stretches. I had a little of same discomfort early on in this pregnancy (I had the c/s with #3 and a VBAC w/ #4) and a chiropractic adjustment helped tremendously.

Mirasmom 02-09-2011 11:10 AM

I think pains get worse with each pregnancy because the scarring is worse each time from stretching. I wouldn't hesitate to have the doc check it out though. Better safe than sorry :) And yes, you would know if it were ruptured...

hmmclever 02-09-2011 01:15 PM

oh! no no! i dont think im ruptured/rupturing! Im not in labor or anything and i know the pain would be unbearable! (Im currently 32 weeks) Thats not my concern at the moment, i was just wondering if anyone had heard of someone rupturing during a second, third, fourth, etc. VBAC!

dustileigh 02-09-2011 01:43 PM

From what I understand, the chances of uterine rupture after a successful VBAC are just about as low as they would be for someone who had no uterine scar.

skolbut 02-09-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustileigh (Post 12251698)
From what I understand, the chances of uterine rupture after a successful VBAC are just about as low as they would be for someone who had no uterine scar.

Good to know! Whoohoo!

OP, I had lots of stretching "growing pains" with my second as well. :goodvibes:

Lexy 02-09-2011 02:16 PM

Your uterine rupture is the same as it was when you VBAC'd your 2nd. I am getting ready to attempt a VBAC after 3 c/s (I've tried to VBAC all of them), and even my % for uterine rupture is not MUCH higher than yours. Just because you had a VBAC, doesn't erase that c/s, so your % is still the same.

Lexy 02-09-2011 02:19 PM

BTW: I have that pain also...and I have gotten to labor with all three of mine (only got to push with #1)...and I've had 3 c/s in 3yrs...so techinally I could be at a little higher risk for rupture...and still I haven't :) Such a small percentage...and I don't actually personally no of anyone or heard of anyone from a friend that has ruptured :)