Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dollar Tree Test (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1157211)

Raisinsonthevine 02-10-2011 07:39 AM

Dollar Tree Test

My DH had a vasectomy and got the all clear a few months back. My cycle hasn't been consistent since having my last, who will be 3 in March. In December I started keeping track of my cycle again so I'd have an idea of when AF would be here. I don't have much of a record to compare things against, but my period is not here and it's nine days late compared to my last cycle.

I thought nothing of it until this morning. I'm feeling nauseous. After writing that down, I realized I've been extra sleepy this past week as well. I contributed that to the fact that I had to wake up and give my son medication at 1am every morning. It's still a possibility. He did end up with a virus that he just got over two days ago. I could have caught it, so that would explain the nausea.

It seems that for every symptom I have there's something else that could explain it.

Anyway, I had a dollar tree test that was never used and decided to take it. There's a VERY faint line that showed up right away. Faint enough that I decided to research evap lines and learned evaps can show up right away. I've never had a positive test from DT. Has anyone had a really faint line when their period is as much as nine days late? That just seems absurd to me.

I took an EPT with my firstborn the day I missed my period, and it was a dark positive. With my youngest two I had dark positives around the same time with tests that I bought online (recommended here, but I forgot the name). Being nine days late and having a faint positive seems like a stretch. It is, right? LOL

alsatia23 02-10-2011 02:31 PM

Re: Dollar Tree Test

My first DT tests were really really faint and they just got darker each day. I didn't believe I was pregnant at first, I think I took 8 tests over the next few days. I didn't fully believe it until I went out and got one of those tests that makes the cross. Maybe you should get one of those...

jackyl08 02-10-2011 04:24 PM

With this pregnancy, I was five days late and my DT test was really faint, but definitely there.

miraclebaby 02-10-2011 04:28 PM

i had two false positives last january with DT tests because i left them too long before reading. If it shows up right away and the test isn't expired i'd say it would probly be accurate.

katiecornflakes 02-10-2011 04:53 PM

You may have ovulated later this time than last time (esp if your cycles are irregular), which could mean you're not as late as you think. I'd wait a couple more days (if you can :blush:) and then test again with a more reliable test. :hugs: mama, I hope you get the results you want.

mamamegan841 02-11-2011 01:54 PM

Every positive I have ever gotten from a dollar store test has been faint. I would buy a name brand test to be sure!

TanajaPerry 02-11-2011 02:15 PM

i always here people day their dollar tree tests weren't really reliable but with both of my children it was. as soon as i put the pee in the little hole the line came up dark immediately. but either way, since you said your line was so faint i'd probably test out another brand!

5littlesweeties 02-11-2011 02:21 PM

Do you have a pic?

Loveme2x 02-11-2011 07:31 PM

Any time I've gotten an immediate faint on a $T, I was preg. I've only gotten evaps when they're sitting around for awhile or I dig'em out of the trash :blush:. However, I've never tested with a $T when AFwas that late, it's always been within a few days of AF being due. It is possible, like Kate said, that you ovulated later than usual and you're not as late as you think. Maybe try another test, or even more $T tests over the next few days, if they keep getting darker then maybe there's something to it? Good luck, hoping for the best for you! :goodvibes:

Salidwyn 02-11-2011 09:02 PM

I took two of the Dollar Tree tests to confirm this most recent pregnancy. The first one, at 16dpo (I was charting so I was already pretty sure I was pregnant based on *** of the signs I was noticing), came up not light but not dark either. If you held it arm's length away, there was definitely color there but I can't say it was in-your-face dark. The second test I took at 18dpo just to make sure and that one was a little darker than the first.

I'd wait a few more days and either try another Dollar Tree test to see what comes up (if anything at all) and if you're still seeing a line, maybe get another test to confirm. Mine were both reliable.