Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New here! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1157329)

MsTofu 02-10-2011 10:45 AM

New here!

Hi mamas,

Just wanted to post to introduce myself. I actually completed one transaction on the FSOT boards already (woo hoo - my prefolds are on the way!) but haven't introduced myself yet. I just started CDing last weekend and I am on currently on day 6 of my Jillian's Drawers three week trial with my 10-week-old son. I am SO GLAD I did the trial because some of the CDs definitely work better for us than others. For example, DS likes the BG 4.0s but HATES the Fuzzibuns pockets (he cries the second he gets wet). I think it is because the BGs (with the microsuede stay dry layer) wick moisture away much better than the Fuzzibuns microfleece. DS also hated the Kissaluvs fitted, but is fine with prefolds. My guess is that it feels wetter/colder against his skin when there is room for air to get between the diaper and his skin, and the prefolds are snappied more tightly against his skin.

Anyways... at this point I am trying to build my stash. I have some used diapers from Jillians Drawers on the way (a couple of Smartipants, which I don't love as much as the BGs, but they were cheep, a BG AIO, and a couple of prefolds), 13 prefolds on the way from a lovely mama on here, and I picked up a few things at the CD/babywearing store in my neighborhood yesterday (a wet bag, two more BG 4.0s, another cover since the Jillians Drawer trial only comes with one, etc.). I'm also getting a few covers from someone off craigslist.

So here is what my stash is probably going to look like:

about 30 prefolds (combination of bleached and unbleached, some organic)
5 size small thirsties covers
1 size 2 thirsties duo cover
1 size medium bummi super brite cover
4 BG 4.0s (I want more of these... MIL mentioned she might be willing to buy some for us so we'll see)
3 Smartipants pocket diapers
1 BG AIO (to try out and see if I like it)

And I haven't decided yet whether to keep the Thirsties Duo Diaper from the Jillian's Drawers Trial.

Anyways... that is my rather long intro! Looking forward to chatting with all of you!

aLittleBouncingSoul 02-10-2011 10:56 AM

Re: New here!

Welcome! we're glad you're here :)

kbz2002 02-10-2011 12:05 PM

:welcome: glad to have you here! Sounds like you are already addicted! :giggle:

MinkaK 02-11-2011 04:07 PM

Welcome!

Harmony96 02-11-2011 07:49 PM

Welcome! Looks like you have a great start to your stash. :)

Hello and welcome!

We are very happy that you have found Diaper Swappers (DS). Come in and join the fun! Here at DS, we encourage a sense of family and community by remembering some basic etiquette and Rules (click on the link to go straight to the forum rules). Please be sure before you start posting to review those as they are designed to keep members safe and to discourage unruly behavior.

To discourage spamming, you must have a minimum of 5 posts for the ability of private messaging (PM). This will encourage your posting in other sections so we get to know you. As you cruise around DS, you will notice "stickies" at the top of each forum. These are great references.

If you wish to use our For Sale or Trade boards (FSOT), please look here for guidelines. So you may understand the cloth diapering lingo, please see here for abbreviations. For newbies to cloth, this is life-saving!

You will notice that we allow you to have signature lines. Unlike other forums where you may upload pictures and tickers, we do not allow more than four lines or large pictures. Please see here for the guidelines. This is to help our friends who use dial up and to keep the forums from getting cluttered with excessive signature lines (siggies).

If you need to contact a moderator or an administrator, scroll down to the bottom of your page. You will see our names highlighted in pink. Go ahead and give us a pm or drop a thread in the "Ask the Pros" forum.

Enjoy your stay and we look forward to getting to know you!

The Mod & Admin Team

FrozenMusicBox 02-12-2011 11:57 AM

hi

ecorchid 02-15-2011 11:20 AM

Welcome!