Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Thinking about CD'ing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1158255)

katiefix 02-11-2011 06:50 PM

Thinking about CD'ing

Hey, I'm Katie a mama to a 1yr DD. I've wanted to CD from day 1 but DH balked at the idea:banghead:. I'm still wanting to and very curious about it. Ideally, I'd like to hybrid, like g's but AIO's could be up my alley too. We started to CD when DD was about 3 mo but we weren't introduced properly and quit pretty quickly. My mom decided to provide us with prefolds and plastic pants/pins but that didn't jive with me too well. So, I'm new here. I'm hoping to at least learn something from everyone :giggle:

Tish1973 02-11-2011 07:40 PM

Re: Thinking about CD'ing

Hi Katie, welcome! I'm pretty new here myself and have found it to be a great resource for learning about CD'ing.

callydschaak 02-11-2011 07:54 PM

hey katie, dh thought it was strange that i wanted to cloth diaper, infact most of the people i know think its kinda strange..but i change 99% of the diapers(i think i can count on one hand the number he has changed in the last 19 mos), so i went a head with it anyway. we started with prefolds, pins and plastic pants also..then my mom and i made some fitteds and i had just a couple covers, then we switched to g diapers which i did steadily for around 15 months, i've just switched over to bumgenius( i have 2.0, 3.0) i love gdiapers with the disposables, but we mostly did cloth inserts, i found them not to be very effective for overnight which can be discouraging..but loved them for daytime. i'm so glad to have been doing cloth with ds(my second)...there've been times where i know there would have been no money to buy diapers, but i didn't even have to think about that because i had cloth! good luck to you and you're diapering adventure!

mulysa 02-11-2011 08:06 PM

Hello my husband was a little nervous but said go ahead. Our son got a rash from disposables so after battling that for about 18mths we took the plunge. Now HE will only use gdiapers. LOL! As long as I do the "dirty" laundry he does not mind. Good luck!

aLittleBouncingSoul 02-11-2011 08:14 PM

Welcome! We're glad to have you here :)

mom22boysand1girl 02-11-2011 10:39 PM

Welcome. We love AIO's. They are very easy for everyone to use. Goodluck.

kbz2002 02-12-2011 06:54 AM

:welcome: glad to have you here!

ajbailey89 02-12-2011 10:30 PM

:welcome: My DH was reluctant as well, but as a PP mentioned, I change 95% of the diapers. He will change anything except poopy cloth. He'll change a poopy sposie, but NO poopy cloth. :D

TotallyTutus 02-13-2011 01:02 PM

My husband thought it was crazy to switch to cloth but now he was bragging to all the men at a superbowl party!!anything to save money!!!

ecorchid 02-15-2011 11:19 AM

Welcome!