Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Wwyd...no item..dc problem (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1158708)

Lovely 02-12-2011 04:50 PM

Wwyd...no item..dc problem

I bought something on the 26th. Paypal says it was electronically notified but no one has scanned it. Mama said she mailed it...and would talk to post office. I emailed yesterday to see if there was any update but havent heard back. It's been over two weeks and the item hasnt been scanned. Wwyd in this situation?

*MamaStacy* 02-12-2011 05:20 PM

Re: Wwyd...no item..dc problem

Wow, thats an awful long time for it not to be scanned. BUT where is it coming from and how is the package coming? If its Parcel Post, I would give it more time. Also, alot of PO's are notorious for not scanning packages in upon receipt, only upon delivery. My PO scans on receipt, but sometimes they hold packages for 2-3 days before sending them off. That annoys me more than anything!

~happy2Bamommy~ 02-12-2011 09:01 PM

I would file a claim with paypal and pm me the name of the person you bought from so I can be sure they have no other pending issues :thumbsup:

drunkenmonkeysmommy1 02-12-2011 09:39 PM

If there no other issues per mods, I would not worry to much. I had am item from Hawaii take almost 6 weeks to get to me. There were no update until 2 days before it got here.

booty hunter 02-13-2011 12:17 AM

This is my greatest fear about using pp to ship.My po WILL NOT scan the items when you drop them off. I understand DC is not tracking but that is the only proof I have it was mailed. I would wait a little while later and see if it comes. Two weeks is a long time but most of the country has had bad snow or rain so it makes sense everything is slower. Hopefully it will show up soon ,it always seems like when you decide it is not going to show up it is waiting at the mailbox.

jamilynn84 02-13-2011 07:20 AM

As pp said... my post office doesn't scan on when i drop off, unless i specifically ask them to. So i do ask, but mail have been horrid lately with weather so i would give is more time. if you don't hear back from her soon or get near the 45 day mark, file with paypal.

Lovely 02-13-2011 07:46 AM

Thanks mamas. I will wait a little bit. She doesn't have many posts, just over 100. And only 9 fb's but they're all positive.

Lovely 02-14-2011 07:02 PM

Happy2bamommy---I tried to pm you the username but your inbox is full. I opened a dispute with paypal.

jefesita 02-14-2011 08:17 PM

I had this same problem. it was a trade with a friend though. She mailed it priority with a DC before Christmas. still dont have it :( I just let her keep what we traded as I was only out a few bucks in supplies. It sucks. I dont know what I would do had it not been a friend.

coffeegirl 02-15-2011 09:47 PM

I'm having the exact same issue with another mama here. The DC says that the PO was notified of the package on Feb. 1 but that it hadn't been accepted yet. However, the mama said she mailed it. She's been great with communication and has been around a long time with very high approval, so I'm not worried. I think it's an issue of either the PO not scanning it in or not updating the DC, and/or delays because of the weather. (We both live in the semi-frozen midwest. :D)

OP, in my opinion if the mama gives you a DC#, I would wait longer than 2 weeks before filing with paypal. I only say that because of all the delays due to weather, and because, really....if she was gonna scam you, she's going through an awful lot of trouble, going and getting a DC# for you and everything. I don't even know how one could do that without mailing you something.

I had a mama open a paypal dispute on me after I sent her a couple of diapers w/ DC and they took about a week to get to her. The reason she did it was because the DC# actually said that the packages had been scanned and accepted-- just didn't say that they'd left the post office yet. And this was over the Christmas holidays, too! The mama made no account for the holiday delay and IMO completely jumped the gun. She also posted on this forum about it, outing me by name. I was not a happy camper. :( Of course the diapers eventually arrived, a week or so after mailing. So, yeah....I'd close the dispute if I were you. But that's just me.