Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   So why not just be honest? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1160506)

Chinabun 02-16-2011 01:07 AM

So why not just be honest?

... seriously?

Ive been lucky so far - not very many mamas/wahm have ever made me feel bad over a purchase. Normally I have a high limit before reacting as well.

Well, the thing is I won a cute pair of longies of an auction on ebay - I normally dont buy baby stuff there, but really liked this pair!
It stated it was NEW but with no tags - well, hand knit items normally dont come tagged, unless the wahm/maker has cards or such.. So that didnt throw me off at all. I paid a solid price for them even though they were not of any HTF colorway or anything.

They arrived yesterday all nicely wrapped up in silky paper - first thing I noticed though when unwrapping was the obvious signs of recent wear, soft bulging knees and butt. Wel i didnt mind - she could easily have tried it on her child I thought and just worn it a little bit around the house but when turning them around there was dried food (dried porridge it looked like) all the way from the back waist to around the cuff.. I mean deep in to the fibres as well - easily noticable.

Im I out of line to have a negative reaction to this? Am I weird if I make sure stuff I sell has a correct listing and do my best to at least send stuff that has been cleaned?

I have now cleaned them my self - but still feel a little bit grossed out :blush:

Just wanting some feedback to what is normal..
Thanks!

Fishie Kisses 02-16-2011 01:13 AM

Re: So why not just be honest?

I would be upset. All I ask in a listing is just what your title says...honesty. And I expect clean merchandise, but I kind of thought that was common sense...clearly not. :(

Miss_Mommy 02-16-2011 01:22 AM

Oh gross, that would definitely not be new condition. I would be upset as well, have you messaged the seller?

5PrincessMommy 02-16-2011 02:27 AM

maybe her daughter poured it on the pants? lol idk, but yeah def message the seller! she should offer you a partial refund, and if not, leave neg feedback :)

knibert 02-16-2011 05:04 AM

I am pretty sure in the ebay rules, you have to sell CLEAN items! I would def message the seller!

HeatherlovesCDs 02-16-2011 06:50 AM

I had this happen to me with an item I bought from ebay. It was actually a Gymboree dress that DID have tags. The tags were wrinkled and crumpled. It was a jean dress and the tags on the dress (not the price tags, the actually size tags) had taken on the blue color of the jean material and was frayed. The dress was a size 3-6 mo. There was spit up on it in two places. The dress itself was wrinkled and not "pressed" like when you first buy it. (She sold me a hat with it and it had a totally different look because it was never worn.) It was SO clear the dress had been worn. Jean material is definitely not one you can get away with wearing and passing off as new. Maybe she bought it that way and that is what I tried to assume. I don't know. But, clearly, it was worn. I emailed her about it. She called me a liar! She was rude and I was really hurt. It became more about my emotions and not being believed than it did about the dress. She wanted me to send it back to her at my expense and she would reimburse me without shipping. Well, I only paid $9, including shipping, for it! I would have ended up paying around $5 for a dress I no longer owned and for a big hassle. (I was also new and worried about her leaving me nasty feedback even though it would be technically positive.) I asked her for a partial refund instead. She claimed I just wanted to get the dress cheaper. That was NOT the case. She ended up giving me the partial refund, but I was so hurt the whole experience. I haven't bought or sold there since. I had been planning to try to start selling there a good bit. I still want to, but that left such a bad taste in my mouth. I just need to go for it. :blush:

IsaacsMom2009 02-16-2011 08:58 AM

Totally unacceptable. Personally I'd leave negative feedback for that person. That is ridiculous.

doodah 02-16-2011 03:15 PM

You need to leave appropriate feedback. Feedback is not just for you but for future buyers. We all should know the risk of purchasing from her. If it was me, I would have returned them just to prove a point. There is no reason you should have to thoroughly scrub an item before using it.