Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2011 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   What diapers are you loving right now? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1161731)

eilatan 02-17-2011 08:49 PM

What diapers are you loving right now?

How big is your babe right now and what diapers are you loving?

Reed is 4 weeks and 9lbs 8oz. We're at that awkward transition out of newborn into smalls. I'd have to say the xs fuzzibunz are probably my current favorites, followed by the small bumgenius AIOs (which just recently started to fit really well.) The newborn nanabottoms AIOs are getting to be a bit small, the orange edge GMDs are getting small as well. For covers the thirsties xs has the best fit at the moment.

LadybugMonkey 02-17-2011 11:15 PM

Re: What diapers are you loving right now?

I'm finding I really have to watch the xs fuzzibunz because they seem to be very saturated really quickly. Also she is in between snap setting right now so they are a little awkward.

I am really liking the HH OS mini's. They fit great and hold a lot. We are still on the smallest setting so they should last us for quite awhile.

DD is currently 3.5 weeks old and about 8lbs8oz.

igotmywings 02-18-2011 12:07 AM

mi LO is 6 weeks old and around 9lbs (almost 10 probably) i LOVE xs FB's on her and she still has TONS of room to grow in them. Smalls are no where near fitting her! OS BG's are pretty good too. A TAD too big but do able. LOVE thirsties size 1's of course too. Although thirsties AIO Smalls are still huge...shes long and lean and a lot of them have gaps in the leg area

theredheads 02-18-2011 08:43 AM

We're doing OS FB's and OS BG and both are working out great. Last week the OS BGs were a bit big, but this week the leg gussets seem to fit much better. I guess he finally grew into them. We're also still using our thirsties duo size 1 covers. Sometimes I think they're a bit big, but we stuff those with some pretty big prefolds so it all works out (DS just has a huge bum in them). Oh yeah, DS was 9 pounds 4oz two days ago and three weeks old.

Mummandherboys 02-18-2011 09:19 AM

Is anyone using fitteds and covers/wool on their little ones? If so, what are you loving on your little one that fits really well? I love hearing other ideas from you all!
Thanks Mamas!

redhairboy 02-18-2011 09:31 AM

I use a combo of everything lol. I realized my ds gets red and a bad rash from prefolds and covers:( I bought alot of those but I hope as time goes on he will beable to use them. I love my tot bot diapers. I use fb small, os bg, grovia (just got that one). I used wool and newborn prefolds for the first 2 weeks until his cord fell off. He is around 9 lbs and is 4 weeks.

lovemybabies924 02-18-2011 10:09 AM

well my DD is about 9lbs and gonna be 8 weeks! were using all OS diapers execpt for one small FB haha

BeastMasterMama 02-18-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mummandherboys (Post 12320279)
Is anyone using fitteds and covers/wool on their little ones? If so, what are you loving on your little one that fits really well? I love hearing other ideas from you all!
Thanks Mamas!

I love, love, love my kissaluv's size 0s. I use a variety of covers-- I have a few prowraps, a thirsties xs, and 3 thirsties duos size 1. Also use them with my wool covers. I've been using them since DS2 was born and they fit from the beginning.
I also have some contours (basically like the kl's but without the snap closure) that I think work just as well.

When DS2 outgrows the kl's, I'll probably go back to doing just prefolds/covers, but I seriously am loving the fitteds right now. I got all mine used off the FSOT and they are all used-- the elastic is a little relaxed around the legs, but they still work great. So glad I got them! And I thought I'd have way too many, but I forgot how many diapers a newborn goes through!! (I have about 3 dozen or so, that's contours and KL's)

Leah52 02-18-2011 02:09 PM

My favourite combo is an xs Thirsties Fab Fitted (not the new duo) with a Biobottoms wool wrap. I only have one Thirsties fitted because I won it, it fits so nicely though. :(
My little guy turned out to be so much smaller than I was expecting and while everything I have is newborn sized they are still super bulky. He's three weeks now so stuff should start fitting better. We use mostly prefolds and covers and I'm still using sposies at night.

1happymama 02-18-2011 02:13 PM

Our little guy is 3.5 weeks old and a tad under 10 lbs. I'm still loving my KL0s with a variety of covers. Today I also pulled out the first set of small G diapers and so far so good! (Right now I'm using the disposable liners that came free with the dipes, then I will stuff with prefolds)